Prospect Info: Who is excited for this kid next season?

Jjbuck

Apr 1, 2014
Sullivan doesn't like him, handwriting is on the wall. Hopefully he brings someone useful.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I am prepared to make several Daniel-san gifs and photoshops.

well-done-daniel-san.jpg

Star67

Nov 17, 2017
Would love to see Sprong excel in a full-time role with the Pens next season. I think he can have a similar impact as Anthony Beauvillier had this past season with NYI.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Not sure what to make of him. His AHL numbers were great, so I expect a good player, but he didn't exactly light it up in his call up.

I hope for two things with him:

1) If we keep him, he gets a chance and plays with good players

2) Pens stay patient with him and give him more than 5-6 games to show what he can do. Give him at least 15-20. Give him the same chance Simon got.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I just hope he's given time to adjust. He might not light the world on fire, but if he gets a consistent role all season I think he's definitely making an impact by the time the playoffs roll around. He needs the freedom to try things offensively and make mistakes without getting benched for it.

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Never heard of the guy.

Probably another Euro bust. Waste of a pick.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If that jackass Sullivan actually lets him play then yes I will be excited. But my hopes aren’t that high. Sully will bench him the second he makes a defensive gaffe for idiots like Kuhnhackl and Rowney.

I expect him to be dealt at some point. He just has no value yet.

MeinerEiner

Dec 9, 2013
Cologne
I think JR sees Spring as a possible Kessel replacement and therefor he gets a real chance to play a permanent role in the lineup. If Sullivan stays with his pair philosophy, I think Brassard - Sprong is a decent duo.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Ideally he clicks with Brassard and Kessel can go play with Geno. Everyone is happy.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I have a weird dream line-up

Guentzel - Crosby - Kessel
Hagelin - Malkin - Hornqvist
Sheary - Brassard - Sprong
Calvert - Sheahan - Rust

And throw Malkin the second most D zone starts.

It will never happen, but whatever.
You forgot Kuhnhackl and Rowney

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Flip Kessel and Horqvist. Trade Sheary. Move Rust to LW.

Honestly, I’d flip Sprong and Horny....Sheary works well with Horny as a combo and I’d love to see Sprong with G and Phil’s with Sid....

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Something something too much swagger something something coach quoted as saying team needs more swagger something something coach not liking player because he has swagger...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->