Who is Brule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
krooky said:
Brule is an amazing talent and by all accounts will turn into a beauty of a pro. That being said, Crosby is by far the better player. Anyone who thinks Brule has a chance to go #1 is dreaming. I'm a western guy and have seen more of Brule but I'm not going to be biased just cause Brule is a western kid. Crosby is the better player by quite a margin and that is the simple truth.

I agree, I have seen both play live Brule at the Canada WInter Games and at the U17s so I seen my fair share of Brule and Crosby I seen play right from Midget AAA up to now.

I would have to say that Crosby is better than Brule by a large margin. People who don't see that IMO have A. either not seen Crosby play excepts for at the World Juniors or B. Just take the fact that they are Western and they want to applaud Brule for his accomlishments there for making him a homer pick. But to who ever has seen both play there is not comparison, like I said before it is like comparing Joe Sakic to Mario Lemieux both are superstars but Mario would be taken ahead of Sakic anyday and is ahead of him skill wise by a large margin.

It is hard to explain how good Crosby really is because people have a hard time understanding that there could be an extreme special talent on the way.

stockwizard*

I have been lucky enough to see both play.

As good as Brule is, right now they aren't even close.
Brule would have to take a HUGE jump next year to even come close to Crosby.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Nobody is doubting weather or not Crosby is the better player right now.

What we are questioning is that Brule may be the better player down the road.

stockwizard*

Jay Thompson said:
Nobody is doubting weather or not Crosby is the better player right now.

What we are questioning is that Brule may be the better player down the road.
I understand this, however what would lead you to believe Brule is going to be better in the future?

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
From what I've seen of him....he reminds me of Marcel Dionne.

Quick, good balance, competitive as hell and goes to the net with speed and moves.

PEli*

moosefan said:
It is hard to explain how good Crosby really is because people have a hard time understanding that there could be an extreme special talent on the way.

I know I feel that way. I love the fact that he's from the same city I lived in for most of my life, I love the fact that he's doing well in the Q and I'm especially glad he's getting the respect he has earned. That said, I'm skeptical that we're looking at a Lemieux or Gretzky-like talent. Which is why I take scouting reports with a grain of salt despite the fact that I've seen him play two or three dozen times.

All of this "dub" hype makes me want to induce vomiting.

Yayo

Crosbyfan said:
So is your Lottery ticket.

This coming from a guy named "Crosbyfan"...

Don't get me wrong, I think Crosby will go #1, but it's not like Brule has *zero* chance of catching him.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
Is the only stat you use +/-???

You bring it up in every post.

No one cares about +/-

+/- are just facts. If you do not understand them it is best to ignore them.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
I could easily see an AO - Malkin situation.

Brule has a great year... Crosby continues what he is doing. Crosby will be considered #1, but towards the end we'll hear articles of "Rangers/Caps considering Brule over Crosby." When all is said and done I believe Crosby will go first like AO...

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Barnaby said:
I could easily see an AO - Malkin situation.

Brule has a great year... Crosby continues what he is doing. Crosby will be considered #1, but towards the end we'll hear articles of "Rangers/Caps considering Brule over Crosby." When all is said and done I believe Crosby will go first like AO...

Except Malkin is significantly younger than Ovechkin. In fact Malkin is only 5 months older than Brule. So half the reason Malkin was so highly regarded was because he had the plausibility of reaching Ovechkin's level by the time he reached AO's present age.

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Man said:
This coming from a guy named "Crosbyfan"...

Don't get me wrong, I think Crosby will go #1, but it's not like Brule has *zero* chance of catching him.

Yeah, he does. He has zero chance of catching him.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
How big is Brule now?

I look forward to seeing him play. I want to check out a Giants game vs. Prince Albert so I can see Chipchura in action. And especially Medicine Hat if Kostitsyn plays in the WHL.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Zednik20 said:
How big is Brule now?

I look forward to seeing him play. I want to check out a Giants game vs. Prince Albert so I can see Chipchura in action. And especially Medicine Hat if Kostitsyn plays in the WHL.

He's still listed as 5'10'' 165, but I've seen him around here in N.Vancouver and he seems to be about 5'11'', maybe even 6 feet now.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
monster_bertuzzi said:
He's still listed as 5'10'' 165, but I've seen him around here in N.Vancouver and he seems to be about 5'11'', maybe even 6 feet now.

I seen him at christmas time in Newfoundland and I was standing by him and I thought he looked about 5'10

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
Brule is about 5'10 or 5'11. To be honest, I'd say he'll top out at about 5'11, 6'0.

You guys remind me of my days in high school. We had the top football team in the state of Tennessee (sometimes by a good margin) and these guys would sit in lawn chairs and watch our practices. There were about 10 of them and they were diehard football fans. And from the looks of it, they were pretty in to Nascar and WWF. They'd sit there with beer cans (well, you couldn't tell it was beer because of the foam holders) and either chew tobacco or sunflower seed. Anyways, they'd sit there and watch us and talk about the younger players. They'd see old Bobby Gentry make a great tackle and hoot and holler. Bobby was a sophomore stud but was only 5'10" 170. They'd talk about how he'd grow to atleast 6'2" 230 and have all the colleges drooling over them. They were projecting the sizes of all these 14-17 year olds and arguing like hell over it. Fun times had by all.

DirtyJeeves

Feb 14, 2004
Anderson, SC
SmokeyClause said:
You guys remind me of my days in high school. We had the top football team in the state of Tennessee (sometimes by a good margin) and these guys would sit in lawn chairs and watch our practices. There were about 10 of them and they were diehard football fans. And from the looks of it, they were pretty in to Nascar and WWF. They'd sit there with beer cans (well, you couldn't tell it was beer because of the foam holders) and either chew tobacco or sunflower seed. Anyways, they'd sit there and watch us and talk about the younger players. They'd see old Bobby Gentry make a great tackle and hoot and holler. Bobby was a sophomore stud but was only 5'10" 170. They'd talk about how he'd grow to atleast 6'2" 230 and have all the colleges drooling over them. They were projecting the sizes of all these 14-17 year olds and arguing like hell over it. Fun times had by all.
You're not talking about Oak Ridge by any chance, are you?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Man said:
And why do you think that? Anything can happen in a year.

You're right of course. If next year Crosby has the same type of year as last, leading the Q in scoring by 20 points in spite of taking time off for the WJC's, while Brule similarly leads the Dub by 20 points and is second in the Dub in +/- (you can ignore this part if +/- confuses you) and highest in +/- on a per game basis while playing on a marginal +/- team the way Sid did last year...well, you'll have a hell of a horse race. Sid would still be 7 months younger but Brule would have all the momentum while Sid would have seemingly stalled out.

But for the moment let's call this "unlikely". Nothing against Brule but Sid shows no sign of slowing down soon. Could Brule challenge for the scoring title (or +/-) next year? It's not outside the realm of possibilities. Like you said. Anything can happen in a year.

Lottery ticket anyone?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
LOL Crosbyfan....what do stats prove???

If Stats mean everything than why are their hundreds of scouts around the world? Shoudlnt the player with the best +/- be picked #1 overall??

:banghead:

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
I understand they are GARBAGE.

This isnt Baseball, stats dont rule the league.

+/- is a very important stat. It shows that a player is both offensively and defensively sound.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Unknownbutfamous said:
+/- is a very important stat. It shows that a player is both offensively and defensively sound.

How does it show that???

Nagy was a +55 in Junior. I guess he is a defensive machine!!!

What about Brad Richards at +80 and Kolnik at +60...i guess those guys are defensive machines too.

And how does a guy go from +47 to -23 in 1 year? (Petr Vrana).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->