Who is Blake's replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
MS said:
and if they take a guy like Hannan or Bouwmeester over him it would be a joke.
They definitely will take either McCabe, Hannan or J-Bo over Aucoin, he isn't even being considered.

MS said:
The lack of respect Aucoin gets is astonishing. He's in the top 2 or 3 guys in the league in icetime every year (and not by default because NYI has maybe the best top-4 in the league), he has arguably the best PP point shot in the league, is an absolute rock on the blueline, and has a ton of international experience to boot. Personally, I think he's Canada's best all-around defender outside of Pronger, and I don't say that lightly.

I'm not sure I'd dub Aucoin Canada's best all around defenseman after Pronger, but I'm in complete agreement with you that he should be on the team and is being completely disrespected and ignored.

Gretzky actually said at a golf tournament yesterday (this was after TSN reported Blake was definitely out) that Blake was still questionable and hadn't taken himself out yet. If Blake doesn't play, of the three guys being considered to replace him, I'd take Hannan.

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
sharkyz15 said:
How about a little class from Canadian Fans?

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=92562&hubName=nhl

TSN always has the worst, nonsensical and baseless posts. Using that is just pretty much offensive.

I would be happy with Hannan or Jay-bo, though I would probably prefer to see Jay-bo, simply b/c he will be the #1 defenceman for team Canada in the near future, and should get some more experience. I'd also be happy to see Stuart, really like that guy. And wouldn't be upset if Souray got a look.

Just please, not Mcabe. Its entertaining watching him cough the puck up as a leaf, it wouldn't be so funny at the world cup.

Vic Rattlehead*

I for one, would rather see Stuart, McCabe, or Bouwmeester there over Hannan.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Killer 93 said:
Or, you could think sensibly and come to the conclusion that his +22, 50 plus point season might have something to do with Bryan being considered, and not the sweater he wears. Is that too much to ask?

Or you could reply to one part of his post to throw it out of context and then ignore the post stating the reason which you have absolutely nothing to say to rebut it.

Killer 93

OneSpeedOnly said:
Or you could reply to one part of his post to throw it out of context and then ignore the post stating the reason which you have absolutely nothing to say to rebut it.

Not necessary. He implied that if McCabe were to be picked, it would only be becasue of the team he plays for. I just pointed out how idiotic that is, and that there are realistic reasons he would be selected, which I listed. Get it now?

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Killer 93 said:
Not necessary.

Because, like I said and like you ignored, you have no response.

Killer 93 said:
He implied that if McCabe were to be picked, it would only be becasue of the team he plays for.

This could be a true statement but was never said. He said He was wary Quinn would convince everyone to put him on because he's a Leaf.

Killer 93

OneSpeedOnly said:
Because, like I said and like you ignored, you have no response.

What do you want me to respond to? His "he made Primeau look like Mario Lemieux" comment? Why would I try to "rebut it"? I watched game 5 so did everyone else, do you want me to try and claim it didn't happen?

This could be a true statement but was never said. He said He was wary Quinn would convince everyone to put him on because he's a Leaf.

Yes, and then I pointed out some of the real reasons he would be picked.

Phanuthier*

What it comes down to is, for 2-3 games, who will give Canada the best 4-5 minutes of those 2-3 games he plays?

My answere would be Jay Bouwmeester

But if you believe what TSN has to say, Hannan's already got it.

chris39bong

scott hannan is the obvious choice here. bouwmeester and even a guy like stuart have better upsides and can make a spectacular play, both offensively or defensively, but no one, not even mccabe, comes close to how consistant and effecient hannan is. he's the type of guy canada should pick to round out the defense, mainly because he won't hurt you back there. not only is he an extremely reliable defender, but he'll also plays a physical, yet very disciplined brand of hockey. it won't make much of a difference for team canada since he won't be put in offensive situations, but he's also an underrated passer and consistantly makes the right decisions on when to join the attack or pinch in. hannan deserves this, so hopefully he gets it. with a little more experience, bouwmeester or stuart might be better picks down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->