Maybes (if their team isn't there come the deadline):
Jones (London)
Pu (London)
Mete if he's back (London)
M.McLeod (Mississauga)
Tippett if he's back (Mississauga)
Sokolov (Sudbury)
Luchuk (Windsor)

if London could pick up Raddysh and Middleton at the deadline it would really help

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
IMO the Petes will be looking to upgrade their D, but my guess is that it will be later, rather than sooner.
They were forced to deal for Osmanski when Timms and Fraser were both out with injuries, but now that they have returned Beraldo and McNamara (who did quite well as the 5/6 pair) are now healthy scratches. I'm hoping that it becomes a real buyers' market come deadline time so that the Petes can make a deal that doesn't cost too much. At least they have extra bodies so they could include a player or two in the deal. I'm just not sure who they should/would trade away and how the change would affect the team chemistry.

Potential trade targets for the Petes......
Sambrook (Erie)
Headrick (Erie)
Dineen (North Bay)
Middleton (Saginaw)
Day (Windsor)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Can’t see Day moving beyond Sarnia or London; maybe, Flint
Saginaw does not need to move Middleton. They lack experienced D, not picks

Last edited:

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Sokolov is pouting in Sudbury and seems to be out of favour with the coach here in Sudbury and Makkonen quit on the team and is home waiting for a chance to play somewhere. As well depending on how Sudbury is doing Candella and or OGrady may become available by the deadline. Sudbury is more apt to making more a run next year.

WJ

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Not sure if our GM shares the same thoughts as me, but Stillman would be on the block in Oshawa if it was up to me. Probably won't be signed by FLA so he'll be back for an OA year next season and the Gens will have 3 better OA candidates so won't need him next year when they'll be one of the best teams in the league. If Oshawa can get someone that will help next years team, I'd make that trade in a heartbeat

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
IMO the Petes will be looking to upgrade their D, but my guess is that it will be later, rather than sooner.
They were forced to deal for Osmanski when Timms and Fraser were both out with injuries, but now that they have returned Beraldo and McNamara (who did quite well as the 5/6 pair) are now healthy scratches. I'm hoping that it becomes a real buyers' market come deadline time so that the Petes can make a deal that doesn't cost too much. At least they have extra bodies so they could include a player or two in the deal. I'm just not sure who they should/would trade away and how the change would affect the team chemistry.

Potential trade targets for the Petes......
Sambrook (Erie)
Headrick (Erie)
Dineen (North Bay)
Middleton (Saginaw)
Day (Windsor)

Probably not Headrick because he's an OA so you'd have to get rid of Black which only would make you marginally better

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I'd guess:
Raddysh (Erie)
Sambrook (Erie)
Headrick (Erie)
Smith (Guelph)
Dineen (North Bay)
McKenzie (North Bay)
Middleton (Saginaw)
Day (Windsor)
Brown if he's back (Windsor)

Maybes (if their team isn't there come the deadline):
Jones (London)
Pu (London)
Mete if he's back (London)
M.McLeod (Mississauga)
Tippett if he's back (Mississauga)
Sokolov (Sudbury)
Luchuk (Windsor)
If Mcleod/Tippett return if I'm missy I'm a buyer and going for it.

Reactions: Tarantula

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If Mcleod/Tippett return if I'm missy I'm a buyer and going for it.

Yeah that's why I had them listed as "if the team isn't there come deadline time". But at the same time although they're 2 great players, look at what the rest of the roster is able to do (last in the OHL). Would take quite a few moves to make that team a legit Mem Cup contender. I could see them trading Tippett/McLeod for a million picks and young prospects and being really good in 3 years instead of going all in this year just for the sake of it

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Can’t see Day moving beyond Sarnia or London; maybe, Flint
Saginaw does not need to move Middleton. They lack experienced D, not picks

Problem is that Middleton likely will not be back for an OA year and he's quite valuable. Picks can be used as currency to trade for guys you want, not just to draft guys. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade for another team's 98' in a corresponding move, and perhaps use those picks as a way to build around their young core.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Just wait another 10 games or so..... :popcorn:

On one hand, I do not know if London is good enough or has enough assets to make a proper run this year. On the other hand, after this year they are losing a lot of the talent that is really winning their games, so maybe they are going to need to go for it.

London probably needs to do a rebuild on the fly type of thing. Get assets who can make them still good now but will also stick around for after this year, kind of like what Oshawa did when they dealt Cirelli for McShane and picks last year.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Mason Kohn is available in Oshawa. There was a rumour that he was going to go to school but I was told tonight that it isn't true

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Next question is what does each team have a surplus of?

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Sokolov is pouting in Sudbury and seems to be out of favour with the coach here in Sudbury and Makkonen quit on the team and is home waiting for a chance to play somewhere. As well depending on how Sudbury is doing Candella and or OGrady may become available by the deadline. Sudbury is more apt to making more a run next year.

WJ
Wonder where you heard that? He might be but it may also have passed as he seemed like a pretty happy player last night, judging by his interaction with his mates following the game (something I looked for )and was played with several different players, including reunited with Levin. He may have been out of favour but it seems with Stillman that if your play warrants it, you can quickly gain favour again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad