Who Has the Best OFFENSIVE Upside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Jobu said:
Which of the following will produce the most in the NHL? How close are they?

Anthony Stewart
Scottie Upshall
Aleksander Suglobov
Jason Pominville
Ryan Kesler
Dan Fritsche

The best of the bunch is John Q. Fantasy.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think Anthony Stewart is going to be a huge star in the NHL.

He has all the tools, and while there is a concern that his success to date has been because he's so much stronger than his opposition right now, I really see him, talent wise, as very comparable to Todd Bertuzzi.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Lord said:
Sounds really strange for me, because here, in Russia, Suglobov was very often considered as a player with rather limited offenicive upside.

:confused:

Really? He's one of the top prospects offensively in the AHL and many believe he'll be the Devils' next Sykora.... Don't know what to say. He's been having injury problems but should return to the Rats soon.

db23

Flame_Star_Devil said:
:confused:

Really? He's one of the top prospects offensively in the AHL and many believe he'll be the Devils' next Sykora.... Don't know what to say. He's been having injury problems but should return to the Rats soon.

A vote for Danny Fritsche. He is almost as big as Stewart, and has much more talent.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Lord said:
Sounds really strange for me, because here, in Russia, Suglobov was very often considered as a player with rather limited offenicive upside.
Suglobov was allways said to have high offensive abilities but many experts said his hockey sense would hold him back alot. It also didn't help that he was getting 4th line ice time his two full years in the Super League. If anything most peopl would have gotten a clue at the EuroTour where he exploded onto the scene....so much so that he was picked to the World Championships and scored a hatrick in a game. A team in which he may represent this year is healthy since Albany is out of the playoffs.

BTW I choose Suglobov for offense, Upshall for impact. I still have a warm spot for devilboy.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Will the defensive minded Devils let Suglobov play outside their defensive system?? If not then I'm going with Fritsche or Stewart for offensive numbers.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
Crossbar said:
Will the defensive minded Devils let Suglobov play outside their defensive system?? If not then I'm going with Fritsche or Stewart for offensive numbers.
That defensive system is really holding Elias back this year...

If Sugs develops into the sniper they want him to be, Elias-Gomez-Suglobov would be a scary top line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->