Who has impressed you the most on each team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
CANADA: Ryan Smyth - everytime that guy is on the ice he gives it all - one of the most, if not THE most under-rated and under-appreciated players in the league. Lecalvalier Rocks!
USA:I thought they had a lot of individually impressive players - but their teamwork sucked! Modano, Gomez, Esche were the standouts, in my opinion...but I also liked Doug Weight's work as well, I don't think he had many points, but I felt like he was a big contributer to the team, it's not always about making points...sometimes creating plays back at your own end is overlooked, but it's just as important.
SLOV: Uhmm....wow, they were just kinda sad....I'd like to say Gaborik,,,but he didn't look good, either - although I don't think The Great One himself would have looked very well on that team...sorry to say.
CZECK: Elias, Vokoun
RUSSIA: Their goalie, whats his name that starts with a B impressed me. Also Alexei Kovalev - wow, what a shot that guy has.
FINLAND: T-Ruu, IMO he has the potential to be the Finnish version of Ryan Smyth. Kippersoff, of course - one of the damn few goalies who are actually exciting to watch.
SWEDEN: I didn't see them play, no comment
GERMANY: ...didn't see them either

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Canada: Ryan Smyth & Brewer
USA: Tkachuk, Eche
Slovakia: : Chara
Russia: Kovalev
Finland: Koivu, Kipper
Czech: Elias
Germany: Sturm
Sweden: Sundin

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
I watched mostly Team Canada play so I don't know about the other teams so much.For Canada Boumeester ,Lecavalier,Richards,Brodeur,and Sakic.

miss hockey

Sep 6, 2004
Helsinki
pei fan said:
I watched mostly Team Canada play so I don't know about the other teams so much.For Canada Boumeester ,Lecavalier,Richards,Brodeur,and Sakic.

Are you sure there hasnt been another team on the ice at the same time? :lol

:yo: :D :banana: :lol:

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
MePutPuckInNet said:
FINLAND: T-Ruu, IMO he has the potential to be the Finnish version of Ryan Smyth.

I would say that Ryan Smyth is the lower limit for Ruutu. He is much more physical and has more skill than Smyth. If he reaches his full potential he will be much better than Ryan Smyth IMO.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Canada - Draper
Russia - Bryzgalov, Frolov
Czech - Straka
Finland - Team Finland :lol:
USA - Hull !!!
Sweden - Naslund, but in a bad way

rival

Feb 15, 2004
Victoria
Canada - Lecavalier. I wouldn't have picked him to have the impact in this tourney that he has. Though it's nowhere near the level of Lemieux in '87, he seems to be the young Canadian star taking the most out of this experience.
USA - Blake. I had not seen enough of him to know his skating was that good and that he was that effective as a pest. Takes a lot of shots.
Finland - Numminen. Hard to believe that his play dropped off as much as some say watching him in this tourney.
Germany - Kreutzer. I expected Sturm to be the offensive leader of this squad and he impressed me by getting any chances and showing strong leadership. That said, the guy that impressed me the most was Kreutzer. He showed a lot of strength for a small guy and excelled in all situations.
Slovakia - Cibak. Not much to pick from.
Czech Republic - Zidlicky and Kaberle. Both surprised me a lot from a defensive standpoint. I expected the forwards to put up points.
Sweden - Modin. Just dominant.
Russia - Yashin. As some other posters have mentioned, he played a power game which shocked me and he played well in short handed situations. Performed well in a leading role.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
kmad said:
Finland: Salo (if Finland wins, he should be tournament MVP)

Come on, I mean I am as hardcore a canucks fan as you but we all know Kipper has been the MVP. Salo and Koivu and Selanne have been pretty damn good too.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

Canada - of course Bowmeester stepping in admirably is an obvious choice, Neidermeyer is quietly their best backliner, Brewer
USA - DiPietro, Gomez, Tkachuk (finally scored in a game that mattered)
Slovakia - no one did squat to stand out
Russia - Bryzgalov, Vishnevski, and the Frolov-Yashin-Zubrus line was their most consistent
Finland - Lehtinen (is the best 2-way forward in the world but gets zero press)
Czech Rep. - Havlat (has been my favorite player to watch in the tournament)
Germany - Boos
Sweden - it was painful to watch them

x-bob said:
Who has impressed you the most on each team.

Canada: Lecavalier, Bowmeester, Draper
USA: Martin, Modano
Slovakia: : Cibak, :dunno:
Russia: Ovechkin, Bryskalov, Yashin
Finland: Kipprusoff, Koivu
Czech: Vokoun, Elias
Germany: Sturm, :dunno:
Sweden: Modin, Holmstrom

Shin Pad

Jul 21, 2003
Alberta
Visit site
A lot of the players on Team Canada have been impressive, but the guy that has really impressed me is Jay Boumeester. Wow - this guy has future Norris Trophy Winner written all over him. I don't get a chance to see Florida play very often - he must be a real treat for the Panther fans to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad