Speculation: Who gets claimed by Vegas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ya buddy...:laugh:....how dare you think Plekanec would get us such a return :laugh:

My guess is he's clueless on your stance with Plekanec judging from his 165 posts in 11yrs lol

Yeah hence why I didn't even bother...but the irony wasn't lost on me.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I'd be a upset if I was a Sens fan today...losing Methot, who is by far their 2nd best Dman because of that albatross contract of Dion Phaneuf, is just awful.

If Vegas turns around and trades Methot it looks even worse.

Brutal

To Montreal!.....they'd be rioting on Elgin lol....maybe spilling out on Metcalf lol

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
I'd be a upset if I was a Sens fan today...losing Methot, who is by far their 2nd best Dman because of that albatross contract of Dion Phaneuf, is just awful.

Brutal

Seems strange the NHL would allow Vegas to draft and then trade a player immediately. It's fun for us to watch, but for Vegas to poach a player they have no intention of keeping just rubs me the wrong way. If Vegas does that to Ottawa at the very least Vegas should forfeit a draft pick or cash to Ottawa as compensation. Just my two cents.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Seems strange the NHL would allow Vegas to draft and then trade a player immediately. It's fun for us to watch, but for Vegas to poach a player they have no intention of keeping just rubs me the wrong way. If Vegas does that to Ottawa at the very least Vegas should forfeit a draft pick or cash to Ottawa as compensation. Just my two cents.

Giving the NHL a 500M check helps in that regard, pretty sure every NHL team gets 17M from Vegas as well.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Brutal

Agreed. There is a Sens fan in my office and she is upset. All she's hoping for now is that he doesn't get flipped to Toronto or Montreal. Turns out those teams are apparently on his 'no-trade' list so she's breathing a sigh of relief. It sucks to lose a guy like Methot a heck of a lot more than it does to lose Emelin, that's for sure. They will need to find a new partner for Karlsson now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad