Line Combos: Who from the Wolf Pack is ready to be a full-timer next year?

Boom Boom Geoffrion*

If everyone is saying Fast is NHL ready, why is everyone getting so butt-hurt on the potential of Cally leaving?

By everyone, you clearly mean about 20% of the fanbase. Most of us don't want Cally retained at his asking price.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Anisimov was a PPG player for the pack at 20. Lindberg is two years older and is nowhere near the offensive player Ani was.

The point wasn't to make an apples-to-apples comparison between the players, but point out the flaw in his logic.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
A lot of thought went into this. Clearly. :facepalm:

I've watched him play nearly every home game.

He's a quality ahl player. That's it.

He doesn't have anywhere near the skill set of Miller.

Miller is a borderline nhl player right now. Lindberg isn't close.

As for Anisimov. Anisimov stood out to me offensively. He was far far more gifted physically.

BarbaraAlphanse

Fast
Lindberg
Kristo
Miller
Kantor

McIlrath
Allen

Will all likely be able to step in and play at the NHL level next year.

Doesn't even mean 2 of them do though. Just that we have NHL ready depth as is.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
I'm going to give Lindberg more than one season before declaring him an AHL lifer.

He could easily look as dominant as JT Miller next season, or maybe he just plays a solid AHL game again. He has a very good all around skillset. I think he will make the NHL.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm going to give Lindberg more than one season before declaring him an AHL lifer.

He could easily look as dominant as JT Miller next season, or maybe he just plays a solid AHL game again. He has a very good all around skillset. I think he will make the NHL.

All reports have him improving with each coming game - looking more dominant. Promising.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT

He could. I don't dislike him. I just don't think he's close to being ready right now.

The people who think he is ready to replace Boyle.... No

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I've watched him play nearly every home game.

He's a quality ahl player. That's it.

He doesn't have anywhere near the skill set of Miller.

Miller is a borderline nhl player right now. Lindberg isn't close.

As for Anisimov. Anisimov stood out to me offensively. He was far far more gifted physically.

All reports have him improving with each coming game - looking more dominant. Promising.

This.

I loved Arti too, but you also need to take into account that he came over to NA much younger than Lindberg did. If you turn it around and look at their production per year in the AHL, Lindberg is at .63ppg in his first season - and going up rapidly as he's over a ppg in 2014 - whereas Arti finished his rookie season at .58ppg.

Can we give the MVP of the SEL playoffs just a little more slack before we call him a bust...?

Thesensation19*

Danny Kristo, Fast and Miller should all be ready. But all of them may not get the shot.

Richards is likely to be bought out just due to high cap. So I expect Miller to get a real shot. A 3rd line center while Brassard moves up. Or some small competition.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Danny Kristo, Fast and Miller should all be ready. But all of them may not get the shot.

Richards is likely to be bought out just due to high cap. So I expect Miller to get a real shot. A 3rd line center while Brassard moves up. Or some small competition.

Kristo isn't nhl ready either. He has a lot to learn both away from the puck and with the puck.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Well, I may have conflated your posts on Lindberg with the one on Hrivik. :D

That said, I do think you're not giving Oscar enough credit for his progress over the last month.

He's been good. I still think he has a significant way to go.

He could develop into an nhl player, but I sure don't see it happening next season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Assuming no additions are made:

Next year Miller replaces either Moore or Boyle.

Lindberg replaces they other one, if they are not retained. If, for example, Moore is resigned, Lindberg stays in AHL and is first center up.

Fast moves into the RW spot vacated by Callahan. If Callahan stays or they get a linear replacement, Fast becomes first winger up and/or trade bait.

Kristo is next man up after Fast. He is your energy type call up. If the team needs some goals and to excite the fans you break the open in case of emergency glass on Kristo. Also possible trade bait.

Allen and McIlrath stay in AHL unless Girardi and/or Stralman are out. If, for example, Stralman goes Klein moves up to 2nd pair and Allen or McIlrath complete for 3rd pair RH spot.

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
quick question why does everyone not want boyle resigned on the team? and be replaced by either Moore (whos older) or a rookie like Lindberg who should be 3c or AHL?

Stepan
Brass
Miller
Boyle

is fine depth for short term.. i rather not go that big with a FA (Stastny) until we see what we have with brass playing more mins, miller taking that step full time (hes ready right now IMO) and monitor the FA in 2015 when bigger names may be available..

but Miller, Fast, Kristo, McIrath are all ready..

McIrath in sheltered mins but hes ready and has the skill to play 3rd pair mins.

If Callahan is traded id put dorsett with him save some money on the cap and resign keep carcillo around.. Bring up fast for that bottom 6 roll bc hes very defensively responsible..

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
IDC if he's not in Hartford. Brady MF'n Skjei is going to be a mid-season call up next year. Dude is a great skater and plays a solid defensive game. Watching him in the WJC, all I could think was McDonagh. I say he starts the season in the AHL to adjust to the pro game, just like McDonagh, then he'll get called up and be a permanent fixture on the Rangers blueline.

quick question why does everyone not want boyle resigned on the team? and be replaced by either Moore (whos older) or a rookie like Lindberg who should be 3c or AHL?

Stepan
Brass
Miller
Boyle

is fine depth for short term.. i rather not go that big with a FA (Stastny) until we see what we have with brass playing more mins, miller taking that step full time (hes ready right now IMO) and monitor the FA in 2015 when bigger names may be available..

but Miller, Fast, Kristo, McIrath are all ready..

McIrath in sheltered mins but hes ready and has the skill to play 3rd pair mins.

If Callahan is traded id put dorsett with him save some money on the cap and resign keep carcillo around.. Bring up fast for that bottom 6 roll bc hes very defensively responsible..
IMO, Richards has played well enough to not get bought out. IDC about his final years and recapture cost. Rangers can find a way around it, just like Philly has with Pronger.

With that in mind, Miller looked very good paired with Richards last year. Richie can slide out to wing and backup center to help the youngster develop. Hagelin Miller Richards has very much the same makeup as Hagelin Richards Callahan. Fast is fast and adding him to Hagelin and Kreider helps this club. If he's healthy, I say promote him now and see what he does in Pouliots spot.

Last edited:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Two arguments I've seen so far:

1) He'll make too much money in his raise (logical)
2) He falls a lot (Bardof)

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Two arguments I've seen so far:

1) He'll make too much money in his raise (logical)
2) He falls a lot (Bardof)

Boyle is the exact kind of player you want in your bottom 6.

A good team guy that comes alive during the playoffs is a guy I want on the Rangers.

Role players coming up big, win Stanley Cups for teams. This is why Chicago paid their Brian and Boyle has already shown glimpses of being dominant in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad