Who falls BIG time on draft day this year?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Every draft has a very skilled prospect projected by many to be drafted in the first round fall drastically into the second. Who will it be this year???

Last year it was Nigel Williams.

'05 it was Latendresse.

'04 it was Schremp.

'03 it was O'Sullivan.

'02 it was Hudler.

etc

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Katic to the fourth round.
Cherepanov will probably fall...maybe to around 10 (like Kopitar).
I'm thinking Esposito won't last past 14.

It's hard this year, because the players are so even. Falling 20 spots will be common this year, in my opinion.

Speedshank

Apr 4, 2007
Edmonton
I truly believe L.A. is going to take a chance on Cherepanov.

My guess is Logan Couture goes from a top 10 prediction to late first round.

HABSMANIA21*

zack torquato was ranked 18th in the prelminarys and in the final rankings 61st.

he'll drop to the third

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Any/all Russians. The whole situation there is such a headache and it's absolutely impossible to predict what's going to happen. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Cherepanov to slip to 15-20 overall, and no other Russians to be taken in the first two rounds.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Esposito will be taken far before Cherepanov. Esposito is at least in Canada the team can take over his development in a couple of years. Unless his sheer talent Kessel's his way onto the team, no disrespect intended, he's a remarkable talent. And then they take over his training sooner.

Same can be said for Couture. So I expect both of them to be gone by 12/13

Cherepanov is halfway around the world,.making good money in a pro league, with no transfer agreement. I would not be surprised to see Cherepanov fall to the late-teens to early 20s.

Heavy risk unless you have multiple 1st round picks. And with the deepness of the talent pool, I can see guys like Eller, Backlund, Hamjksdfhiuwgfalskdfj(or whatever it is;)) all going before him. Cherepanov could be a Havlat.

My prediction is the Blues grab him at 24 and shock all of HF.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I like Korostin and personally think he's gonna go in the top 40 or 50, but I could see (just a hunch) him dropping to the 100's somewhere. This thread just makes me immediately think of Jan-Mikael Juutilainen.

hoppy

EK65
Jun 11, 2006
St. John's
I'm gonna say there's gonna be no real big falls early in the first round.
Cherepanov, Couture, Esposito; the guys who seem to be the questionables early on in the draft will all be within fair range..
All in the top 13.

Further into the draft, it's pretty difficult to determine if a player falls considering how evenly ranked they all are.
It then becomes a matter of perception of player rankings which everyone seems to have different opinions on in this draft.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Esposito will be taken far before Cherepanov. Esposito is at least in Canada the team can take over his development in a couple of years. Unless his sheer talent Kessel's his way onto the team, no disrespect intended, he's a remarkable talent. And then they take over his training sooner.

Same can be said for Couture. So I expect both of them to be gone by 12/13

Cherepanov is halfway around the world,.making good money in a pro league, with no transfer agreement. I would not be surprised to see Cherepanov fall to the late-teens to early 20s.

Heavy risk unless you have multiple 1st round picks. And with the deepness of the talent pool, I can see guys like Eller, Backlund, Hamjksdfhiuwgfalskdfj(or whatever it is;)) all going before him. Cherepanov could be a Havlat.

My prediction is the Blues grab him at 24 and shock all of HF.

If Cherepanov falls to 20 there is no way the Pens don't take him.

Shaun_W_W

Jan 7, 2007
If Cherepanov falls past the leafs you can put this on my headstone
"I can't believe they passed on Cherepanov"
1989-2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->