Who dominated more Crosby/Bergeron or Malkin/Ovechkin?

CUBErt

Feb 13, 2006
Finland
Bergeron and Crosby.

Not that Ovechkin and Malkin weren't pretty dominant at times as well. I think they kind of started off slow (Ovechkin seemed tired in some of the earlier games I saw), but that game against the Czechs was awesome.. Too bad they both happened to have one of those games where the puck just won't go in at the exact same time. Some of those misses were painful to watch.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just cause I enjoy opening cans of worms :D . . . a more interesting question:

Who would have dominated more?

Crosby + Bergeron

or Crosby + Malkin?

Vic Rattlehead*

Jaded-Fan said:

Crosby + Bergeron

or Crosby + Malkin?

How did I know this was coming?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Jaded-Fan said:

Crosby + Bergeron

or Crosby + Malkin?

Bergeron+ Ovechkin

or Malkin and Crosby?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Jaded-Fan said:

Crosby + Bergeron

or Crosby + Malkin?

I don't know about the second one..i'd pick Bergeron+Crosby because Crosby wasn't that great at wing and Malkin is always a Centre.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
octopi said:
Bergeron+ Ovechkin

or Malkin and Crosby?

Now that is a very interesting one. Bergeron naturally plays center true? So would work with Ovechkin well. As was pointed out above Crosby was much more comfortable at center and I sense that Malkin would be much more effective at center as well. So Ovechkin and Bergeron would have an edge there at least as part of a line and opposed to a Crosby/Malkin line.

wildone26*

Crosby and Bergeron clearly. Malkin/Ovechkin were great but Crosby/Bergeron clearly had the upper hand here. All the stats suggest this.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Oh it was edited..used to say Crosby+ Bergeron or Crosby+Malkin which i'd pick Crosby+Bergeron.

Without a doubt it would be Crosby+Bergeron over Malkin+Ovechkin. Malkin+Ovechkin both used/still do play on the big ice didn't they? Crosby and Bergeron are pretty new to it and dominated on it, so without a doubt it would be Crosby+Bergeron, though on the smaller ice i would not know what to pick..Ovechkin is used to being the go-to guy on the Caps for scoring and if he had Malkin with him he might still try and do everything himself...but Crosby+Bergeron have done greta on small ice during the world juniors so i guess it's a 50/50 risk.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Speaking of Ovechkin-Malkin duo, Russia ABSOLUTELY have to find somebody with last name starting with "G", preferrably stud, to play with them. Then it'll literally be OMG line :D

Macman

May 15, 2004
MMX said:
Speaking of Ovechkin-Malkin duo, Russia ABSOLUTELY have to find somebody with last name starting with "G", preferrably stud, to play with them. Then it'll literally be OMG line :D

Good one. Grigorenko, perhaps?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
MMX said:

I was thinking someone who's name starts with K(cough*Kovalchuk*cough), then they could be(Letters rearranged) the MOK line(Pronounced Mach, like the speed of fighter planes...

Nemchinov13

Oct 19, 2002
Gravesend
Visit site
octopi said:
I was thinking someone who's name starts with K(cough*Kovalchuk*cough), then they could be(Letters rearranged) the MOK line(Pronounced Mach, like the speed of fighter planes...
I thought you were gonna say KOM line :D (pronounce it as you wish :innocent: )

But about the thread's title - Le Golie, you're a provocateur!!! Not another Ovechkin vs Crosby thread!

By the way, I went with Crosby-Bergeron.

hockeydadx2*

The question is, would Ovechkin/Ovechkin be better than Crobsy/Crosby, if they were both twins.

Phousse

Jul 28, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
hockeydadx2 said:
The question is, would Ovechkin/Ovechkin be better than Crobsy/Crosby, if they were both twins.

If Crosby and Ovechkin were twins they'd have a lot of explaining to do about their passports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad