Who do you want to get Ovechkin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooner

Feb 26, 2004
Oh, here and there
Since the other thread is more guessing the outcome of random luck, let's do something a bit more interesting. Which eligible team would you most want to see win it? Not who's the most deserving, not who has the best chance, but given your choice, which of these teams would get AO?

The Big P

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
I'd say Chicago. I think for the NHL to become more popular in the states he's got to go to a big market. And I think he would mesh well with all their young russians.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Columbus or Chicago. Ovechkin-Zherdev-Nash or Ovechkin-Arnason-?.....he has to go to a good hardworking team. He and Zherdev are very good friends so that would be really cool. Ovechkin-Zherdev-Nash would really kill.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'd like to see him go to the rags, help revive a huge hockey market. or chicago, they need him pretty badly. Columbus has their share of top picks.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Isn't this a popularity contest sort of like running for class president? .......... I of course vote Pittsburgh coming from Pittsburgh

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Penguins have their Fleury/
Beejays have their Nash.
Blackhawks have their Ruutu/
Rangers have their Cash.
The Caps have a bunch of random shlubs/
The Coyotes need no more 4th line scrubs.
The Lottery is what they need to win/
8.1% chance at Ovechkin!!

I just threw that together.
I'll be here all week.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
Isn't this a popularity contest sort of like running for class president? .......... I of course vote Pittsburgh coming from Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh - I think Ovechkin will be best fitted in Pittsburgh under Lemieux's wing for a season he can learn alot and get better. Pittsburgh is the place i would like to see Ovechkin go to..

Only team i dont want to see get him is Columbus, they have Nash and Zherdev they dont need Ovechkin :)

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
#2 said:
Pittsburgh - I think Ovechkin will be best fitted in Pittsburgh under Lemieux's wing for a season he can learn alot and get better. Pittsburgh is the place i would like to see Ovechkin go to..

Only team i dont want to see get him is Columbus, they have Nash and Zherdev they dont need Ovechkin :)

Actually that means a lot coming from a NYR fan . . .considering the battles we have had over the years . . . Thanks, and I mean that, you got my respect . . . not for the pick of us but for it coming from a big rival and putting that aside

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
PhoPhan said:
Penguins have their Fleury/
Beejays have their Nash.
Blackhawks have their Ruutu/
Rangers have their Cash.
The Caps have a bunch of random shlubs/
The Coyotes need no more 4th line scrubs.
The Lottery is what they need to win/
8.1% chance at Ovechkin!!

I just threw that together.
I'll be here all week.

groovy man, groovy.

*snaps fingers in applause*

Last edited:

Mr.Brownov*

I would like to see him go to Pitts.Just because he molds his game around Lemieux.But Wash would be interesting also.Semin-Zubrus-Ovechkin

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Homer pick -- Columbus

2nd choice - Pitt (if he's as good as advertised, he could help that team more than just on the ice).

And, as much as I hate to say it, by that same reasoning, the benefits for the whole NHL of him being in a market like Chicago or NYR could be huge.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Spooner said:
Since the other thread is more guessing the outcome of random luck, let's do something a bit more interesting. Which eligible team would you most want to see win it? Not who's the most deserving, not who has the best chance, but given your choice, which of these teams would get AO?

I can imagine him as Ruutu's LW if Ruutu plays centre--HOWEVER --I think Chicago probably needs another centre (MALKIN) more.....Of course if Chicago wins the CROSBY lotto next time--we can always move Ruutu back to wing on one of those 2 centres lines.......I am not sure if there is any gap between Malkin and Ovechkin --in fact Malkin might be the better prospect (he is 9.5 months younger too and will be bigger as he fills out)...

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd like to see him land in Pittsburgh. While the Rangers and 'Hawks haven't been successful, true, the Pens could use some more star power akin to year's passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad