Who do you want in round one?

Who do you want in round 1?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
I voted Hurricanes because it’s fun playing new teams in the playoffs and, despite Playoff Bob being bad, I think Carolina’s goaltenders are least equipped to steal a series.

That being said Carolina is a formidable puck-possession team with a some good goal-scorers and a pretty decent blue line.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So if i did this right:

Rangers at Pens (pens 99 points)
Jackets at rangers, at sens (jackets 94 points)
Canes at flyers (canes 97 points)

Lowest of three teams plays at tampa
Pitt cannot play at tampa
If pens lose in regulation and canes win, canes win tiebreaker

Reactions: kicksavedave

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Not scared of the Pens but those series are mentally draining and I’d rather put it off until the next round

Plus they’re like pretty good at hockey

Reactions: CapsJunkie

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Puzzled. On one hand, don't want CBus because they are tough and want a revenge, it's hard to beat the same team for two years in a row. On other hand, I'm superstitious and they were the first round opponents of the cup winners. Then Pitts, on one hand Malkin and Letang are out, they are not playing good hockey now, so it's better to have them now than later when they roll into the form and it'll be sweat to eliminate them first round. On another hand, they are still dangerous. As for Carolina, they are new and young team, will be fun to play against them. On other hand, they always go deep. So everything is good for me. There are pluses and minuses for every opponent

Sep 19, 2008
it doesn't matter i'll be there regardless cheering them on

if it's carolina that's fine and if it's montreal or columbus that's fine too. they have to play a good team so might as well sack up and get it done

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Picked Canes because of their inexperience, but also wouldn't mind Jackets. The reason that teams rather not play the Jackets is because they're a heavy team. We thrive on heavy, so I'm less worried about them.

But would rather avoid Pitt, just because those games are mentally taxing. For us and probably the team too.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I picked Hurricanes. Not because i think they are worst or anything but just to see something different.

I don't really care that much. Hurricanes and Blue Jackets are both good teams that both have flaws. Both can beat you, but if we play well i think we'll get through either. I wouldn't care that much if we ended up against Penguins in the first-round, because i don't think the Islanders can beat them either way so they are a roadblock at some point.

kuzy92

Mar 5, 2017
Don’t care, if the Caps play their game they will beat all three.. Canes are probably the best matchup..

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
So with everyone having a game left its:
Pens 99 vs rangers
Canes 97 at flyers
Jackets 96 at sens

Basically if pens get a point they play isles

If canes and pens tie in points (canes win any way and pens loss in reg) then we play pitt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
So with everyone having a game left its:
Pens 99 vs rangers
Canes 97 at flyers
Jackets 96 at sens

Basically if pens get a point they play isles

If canes and pens tie in points (canes win any way and pens loss in reg) then we play pitt
Pens and Jackets get at least a point and Canes lose and we get CBJ.

LesDiablesRouges

Feb 9, 2019
Gimme the Pens. The best matchup for us. They haven't been incredibly consistent this year and we have the edge in terms of skill, skating ability, and physicality/size. Also, their defense sucks - hi Johnson and Gudbranson - and they're missing Letang and Malkin right now because of injury.

I'd rather play them now than later.

Last edited:

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
The least physical team, which would seem to be Carolina. Let Trotz pummel the Pens in round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad