Who do you think is the most underrated player in this next draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I would have to say Alexander Ovechkin . . . I have heard that he could score in a net in Dallas all the way from Moscow and yet do you ever hear about that? . . . no . . . . I know that he is going number 1 overall, but they only say that he is the greatest to come along in twenty years . . . come on, have you seen the kid play? . . . only twenty years? . . . . he just never gets the recognition that he deserves . . .

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Mizral said:
I'd say Robbie Schremp. Hell, I'd take him over Evgeni Malkin.

This is the underrated thread, not overrated. ;)

I think anyone who says Schremp will go very highly is overrating him a little bit. He's a good prospect, don't get me wrong, but there are at least 6 or 7 guys I'd take over him. And I didn't jump in here because you said you'd take him over Malkin.

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
rinkrat13 said:
Cory Schneider

I just have this feeling taht Cory has (or will have) the biggest upside of any Goalie in the draft. He put on quite an impressive show at the U-18's last August backstopping Team USA to the Gold Medal with a 12-1 record and posting a 1.86 GAA .929 Save%.... good size - 6'2 & 195

The knock against him is that he hasn't faced talented (or as talented) shooters as the other top rated goalies. Schneider plays high school Hockey for Phillips Andover Academy of the USHS, although remember a high school kid named Tom Barrasso who made the jump right out of a Massatuchets HS to play in the NHL?!?!?!

Next season Schneider as two choices of where to play 1. Boston College or 2. The Sidney Crosby-lead Rimouski Oceanic... where ever he deiceds to go he will finally have the oppurtunaty to play against kids at his level that will help develop the kid to where he should be.

Remember the name Cory Schneider, cuz hes gonna be a star!

Schneider did finish the tail end of the U-18 teams schedule in the NAHL and was stellar. An NAHL game is roughly the calibre of an OHL game with the average age of an NAHL team being older than an OHL team. Not as much potential in the players but their games are well developed.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd say David Booth- Big LW power stride, good at both ends, just needs to work on his foot speed. I'd love to see him fall to the 3rd round but I don't think he would make it to the Habs.

Matt Christie, Kyle Klubertanz I agree are under hyped. Opt outs Siglet and Birnstill would be on this list if still in the draft. Guys I've never seen but could be underrated as I like what I have read but never hear their names, Fredrick Naslund- A big LW but had a disappointing U-18's from what I hear. Sasha Greiner Poluk- from the SJHL is another big D headed to Cornell who seem to churn out big steady blueliners. At 6'5 he's still growing, played for Team Quebec U-17's.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
montreal said:
I'd say David Booth- Big LW power stride, good at both ends, just needs to work on his foot speed. I'd love to see him fall to the 3rd round but I don't think he would make it to the Habs.

Matt Christie, Kyle Klubertanz I agree are under hyped. Opt outs Siglet and Birnstill would be on this list if still in the draft. Guys I've never seen but could be underrated as I like what I have read but never hear their names, Fredrick Naslund- A big LW but had a disappointing U-18's from what I hear. Sasha Greiner Poluk- from the SJHL is another big D headed to Cornell who seem to churn out big steady blueliners. At 6'5 he's still growing, played for Team Quebec U-17's.

The opt-in deadline hasn't passed yet (it will in about an hour) so Sigalet and/or Birnstill could still opt in. The CSS list asterisks were for those who hadn't opted in YET.

DR. Holiday

Mizral said:
I'd say Robbie Schremp. Hell, I'd take him over Evgeni Malkin.

Yes but you'd take Shields over Luongo as well soooo..............

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oilers Chick said:
Grant Lewis

I thought you might have said Sigalet but then I remember he opted out. I talked with one scout who had a lot of good things to say about Sigalet, he had him going very high in the draft in terms of talent (2nd-3rd round) which I was surprised by due to his size and where he plays, guess we will see where he goes next year.

As far as other NCAAers go, I was hoping Birnstill would have been picked by the Habs, but Lundin is a guy I am interested in, and a late flyer on Josh Soares.

What's the word on Lewis I never seen him play.

McCabeW

Jul 2, 2003
Visit site
Michal Valent Slovak goalie. Finally received some recognition after U18's. Tall but thin, needs to bulk up. Very little individual coaching in Slovakia. Has developed very nicely without it. Very flexible and quick glove. Huge upside. Will be a steal for whoever takes him.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Oilers Chick said:
Grant Lewis
Same program as Jessiman, don't know how strong the hockey is there. I have also heard his defense is way below average. He has really nice offensive skills, is big and uses size well. He would be a great project for a team with many 2nd round picks.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Brock said:
Stoner was passed over in last year's draft. He was invited to San Jose's camp for a look and apparently did reasonably well.

So the reason he is at 111th is because this is his second time through.

I know. :)

But thank you for the explanation (and I do mean that, not in any sarcastic way).

Still, I do think he has performed well this year, and I'd like to see him get selected, but we'll see if it happens.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Lauri Tukonen is disappearing because of the hype surrounding Ovechkin and Malkin..
so he's being underrated, still, a top 10 pick can't be underrated that much can he? But my gut feeling is that he's better than people are giving credit for.

Lepistö was overhyped at a point, but now hes also a bit underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad