Who do you think is the better player: Horvat, Wennberg, Zibanejad?

evnted

Apr 14, 2016
Horvat could end up the best overall player here but going into next season I would want to have Wennberg so he's my vote for right now

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
No love for Mika? Kind of surprised, but maybe not since he had a major injury. I thought he played great last year when healthy.

I think these 3 are pretty close and different players that don't get chatted about much.

Let's see where this poll goes over the next 3 days.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012
No love for Mike? Kind of surprised, but maybe not since he had a major injury. I thought he played great last year when healthy.

I think these 3 are pretty close and different players that don't get chatted about much.

Horvat gets chatted about a ton. He was on the losing end of polls against Valeri Nichushkin , Curtis Lazzar, Yakupov, to name a few.

he ends up being better then 100% of the players he lost too (polls).

went with Horvat. Horvat vs Wennberg is a classic example of Kesler vs Hemsky. Stats wise at the time it was easier to pick Hemsky. But Kesler was a far more complete player.

went with Horvat.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Horvat
Zib
Wennberg

All very very close though, could end up being any order and I wouldn't bet on it remaining like this. I think Zibby has the most potential though and has shown flashes of dominance

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
No love for Mika? Kind of surprised, but maybe not since he had a major injury. I thought he played great last year when healthy.

Zibanejad was an absolute dragon last year but I think he needs to repeat that over a full season. Until then, he's a close third here.

I take Horvat for now.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Horvat gets chatted about a ton. He was on the losing end of polls against Valeri Nichushkin , Curtis Lazzar, Yakupov, to name a few.

he ends up being better then 100% of the players he lost too (polls).

went with Horvat. Horvat vs Wennberg is a classic example of Kesler vs Hemsky. Stats wise at the time it was easier to pick Hemsky. But Kesler was a far more complete player.

went with Horvat.

Horvat
Zib
Wennberg

All very very close though, could end up being any order and I wouldn't bet on it remaining like this. I think Zibby has the most potential though and has shown flashes of dominance

Did you watch Wennberg the first half of the season? He and Werenski were working like clockwork and was in the same company as Kane and McD assist wise for awhile.

And make no mistake, Wennberg is no slouch in the defensive zone. You have to be extremely careful when he's back checking because he's the type of player to steal it back off your stick and spring a teammate on a breakaway, he's also pretty dominant along the boards. If he ever starts shooting he could really make a name for himself.

It's between Horvat and Wennberg. On draft day I wanted Horvat. But my homer vote is for Wenny.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Wennberg
Horvat
Zib

I think Wennberg has the talent/ceiling to leap frog both. Might not happen but even at baseline, he's better than both IMO (has to prove it for more than a season though).

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
It's Horvat

He does more with less, and Wennberg is too reliant on the Powerplay to put up points.

Horvt is better 5v5
Horvat is better in the faceoff circle
and Wennberg starts 60% of the time in the offensive zone compared to 40% for Horvat.

I like that Horvat plays all situations and is a solid Penalty killer.

Wennberg played with Saad who is a hell of a lot better than anything Horvat played with.

You put Horvat in Wennberg's place on Columbus he puts up more points guaranteed.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013

went with Horvat.

Maybe you meant Horvat vs Zibby. Wennberg is a defensive star center. Hemsky is a good comp for Wennberg's agility though.

Wennberg's 5v5 production is a good reason to vote Horvat.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
It's Horvat

He does more with less, and Wennberg is too reliant on the Powerplay to put up points.

Pretty much this in a nutshell

I like that Horvat attempts more shots and isn't so passive like Wennberg
Vancouver is a dumpster fire and has a bottom 3 offense in the league in pretty much every category and Horvat shoulders way more responsibility than wennberg

Plus I like Horvat's ability to get to the net for closer shots. which is one of the best in the league.
yost2.PNG

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
If game 7 was tomorrow I'd take Wennberg - so I picked him.

For the future I think I'd take Horvat, but it's close between them.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Pretty much this in a nutshell

I like that Horvat attempts more shots and isn't so passive like Wennberg
Vancouver is a dumpster fire and has a bottom 3 offense in the league in pretty much every category and Horvat shoulders way more responsibility than wennberg

Plus I like Horvat's ability to get to the net for closer shots. which is one of the best in the league.
yost2.PNG

Well they're completely different players sooo.

Wennberg is more likely to make a move to draw his guy and someone else to him so it'll open someone else up than he is to make a move and shoot. Although with his shooting percentage past season, 60 more shots (not a lot to ask for over 82 games) and he's a 20-40 guy at least. It's really a shame because when he does shoot(or delete) it's usually a really good shot.

I can't wait to see where these two are in 5 years.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It's Horvat

Horvt is better 5v5
Horvat is better in the faceoff circle
and Wennberg starts 60% of the time in the offensive zone compared to 40% for Horvat.

I like that Horvat plays all situations and is a solid Penalty killer.

Wennberg played with Saad who is a hell of a lot better than anything Horvat played with.

You put Horvat in Wennberg's place on Columbus he puts up more points guaranteed.

Why is being a good powerplay player a detriment to a players value or skill? Wennberg is a brilliant passer and playmaker a distinction that he is very elite in, the other two players arent elite in any skill like Wennbergs playmaking ability. I think Horvat holds close to the same value, but if I had to choose I think Wennberg is the most rare player of the three. He has legitimate first line skill I dont think the other two players have that. Yes Horvat is a better two way player but in my opinion thats an easier role to fill.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Did you watch Wennberg the first half of the season? He and Werenski were working like clockwork and was in the same company as Kane and McD assist wise for awhile.

And make no mistake, Wennberg is no slouch in the defensive zone. You have to be extremely careful when he's back checking because he's the type of player to steal it back off your stick and spring a teammate on a breakaway, he's also pretty dominant along the boards. If he ever starts shooting he could really make a name for himself.

It's between Horvat and Wennberg. On draft day I wanted Horvat. But my homer vote is for Wenny.

yes I did, I said it was very close between all 3 guys and the order can easily change, I do like Zib and Horvat a bit more than Wennberg though for next season and the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->