Who do you think are the most underrated prospects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH Wizard

Who do you think are the most underrated prospects ?

I don't know many's who are underrated.

But I can say that Chipchura is pretty underrated.His passing skills are underrated IMO.He played with average winger two years ago and this past year.He had a terrific first half but after He had a injury and he slowed down a little bit.

Edit:Yeah I forgot I saw Lindberg play and He has skills.We have two european underrated goalie (Lindberg and Halak).Halak was a steal , Habs picked him in the 9th round.

You guys have any idea ?

Last edited by a moderator:

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
For the Flames I would say ramholt. He is in the shadow of Phaneuf and never mentioned yet he was last years top defensemen in the Quebec league or whatever.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
For the ones that think Habs fans are a gang of homers I'll say

:banana: Timofei Shiskanov for the Preds and Paul Baier from the Kings :banana:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Shiskanov

Lundqvist (although that's cause I had a long talk with a Swedish goalie's father and he had many great things to say about Lundqvist)

Jim Slater

Matt Carle

For the Habs- Tomas Plekanec

Moyzakin

Mike Richards

dem

Mar 17, 2002
MA Pouliot

I feel he is far and away the best Oilers prospect. Whenever I've seen him play I come away impressed at how smart he is. He sees the ice extremely well. I have him down as a SUREFIRE 1st or 2nd line center. I'll eat my socks if he doesnt pan out. :innocent:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
2 for the Stars(since everyone will just list their own prospects...cant really blame them)

Jussi Jokinen- Has outplayed and outproduced Mikko Koivu in the SM-Liiga every year since their draft year, yet Koivu is consistantly listed on top 50 lists, while Jokinen rarely even cracks top 100 lists

Loui Eriksson- #2 prospect in Sweden, just barely behind Steen, yet is consistantly ranked behind Robert Nilsson(who did absolutely nothing this past season), despite a solid WJC(I know he didnt put up the points, but from what I've heard, he was one of Sweden's better players) and SEL Rookie of the Year.

Id also mention Tobias Stephan, since I feel even us Stars fans underrate him, but due to his injury that forced him to miss the past 6 months, we cant be sure just how he'll recover.

Vipers

May 17, 2002
Visit site
Kris Chucko compared to T. Zajac.

Everyone give the edge to Zajac, some on the HF thread said that Zajac will become a star player, but don't forget that Chucko is a year younger and at the same age than Zajac with the same team has done better by nearly 30 pts. and a lot of PIM.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Vipers said:
Kris Chucko compared to T. Zajac.

Everyone give the edge to Zajac, some on the HF thread said that Zajac will become a star player, but don't forget that Chucko is a year younger and at the same age than Zajac with the same team has done better by nearly 30 pts. and a lot of PIM.

Zajac was drafted by NJ...they have a reputation for always drafting well. Thats probably the main reason for that.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
I havent seen Chucko play but I when I saw tapes of the workouts the day before the draft he either is weak (which I doubt, hes jacked) or doesnt have trhe drive to push himself. He was getting beat in the physical tests by little guys. Im not saying he wont be a great player, just questioning his ethic.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
NYRangers said:
I havent seen Chucko play but I when I saw tapes of the workouts the day before the draft he either is weak (which I doubt, hes jacked) or doesnt have trhe drive to push himself. He was getting beat in the physical tests by little guys. Im not saying he wont be a great player, just questioning his ethic.

Every one San Jose's depth chart :shakehead :shakehead

How many of you are familiar with Shane Joseph?

Cayouche5

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
sharkyz15 said:
Every one San Jose's depth chart :shakehead :shakehead

How many of you are familiar with Shane Joseph?
Yep I really like the SanJose Prospects, Goc Michalek Kaspar Hennessy Bernier and Erhoff are really good prospects.
Joseph, I already saw him play the Barons and he did pretty well with one goal, I thinks he has 10pts in 12 games in the AHL this season and 8pts in 9 games in the Playoff ?? He's on the small side tough 5''8--5''9 and 175-180 He played very well for Minn State in the NCAA 144pts in 139 games, but he is already 23 y/o i don't think he will be an impact player in the NHL but a very good AHLer or maybe3rd-4th liner in NHL.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i'll agree with the person who said lundqvist is underrated...he's been great in his career so far and has basically had nothing but success...top goaltender in an elite mens league...he's got a good chance to be a good NHL caliber goaltender, but i definatly don't see him being hyped as much as a lot of other prospects out there...

other ranger prospects...pfffft, most of them in all likelyhood. not like they're all great and wonderful prospects but i think you'll see several surprises down the road from the rangers current crop

CH Wizard

cujorulz said:
Noah Welch
Brady Murray
Dimitri Pestunov
Aleksander Suglobov
Loui Ericksson
Ivan Baranka
Petr Prucha
Gerard Dicaire
James Wisniewski

Nice list ! Buddy ! I also forgot to mention that Shishkanov was pretty underrated IMO.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I almost feel bad for Shea Weber and Kevin Klein. they're in the shadow of Ryan Suter and Dan Hamhuis, and on most teams could probably be top prospects. What a second round 2003 was for Nashville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad