Who Do You Take With Picks #27, 33, and 36

RedWingsfan55

Jan 5, 2015
Trade both first and 1 second for #1 overall and get Rasmus. Or both first and both second depending on where our lottery pick lands.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Trade both first and 1 second for #1 overall and get Rasmus. Or both first and both second depending on where our lottery pick lands.

Won't be enough.

Rasmus is a plug and play generational D by reputation. No team is trading that pick outside of receiving value that you literally cannot turn down. Just like McDavid. To have gotten that pick, Edmonton would have requested something like Crosby+, which of course is ridiculous.

If you at all feel comfortable about giving up the return you're offering for #1OA this year? It's not enough. The Red Wings literally do not have the pieces to land the #1OA even if they decided that they wanted to sell everything.

Reactions: jkutswings

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It remind me Lindros draft , when Colorado got equal player and + couple more solid players .

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
It remind me Lindros draft , when Colorado got equal player and + couple more solid players .

I mean, it's not exactly a comparable situation. Lindros refused to play for Quebec and sat out a year. So, you'd have to have Dahlin get drafted by Buffalo, refuse to play there, wait a year and on the eve of the next draft have the offer come down.

E: Also, the competing deals between New York and Philly for Lindros included 20M and 15M, respectively. You can't just send money with trades anymore.

So Lindros got

-Starting Goalie
-Legit top 6 forwrad (Ricci, 100 pts for two years in a row just before trade)
-Blue Chip Prospect (Forsberg)
-Legit #2/3 D man (Duchense, 50-70 point D)
-A bottom pairing D-man (Huffman)`
-1st in 1993
-a pick in 1992 (couldn't find which one), this turned into a 1994 pick and Chris Simon
- 15M in cash.

That's an enormous ****ing package.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
27. Dellandrea
33. McIsaac
36. Woo

Also, don't know much O'Brien. Would like to know more.
No issue with taking any of those guys.

And I know his stock has dropped a tad as the season unfolded, but on a silly tangent, wouldn't it be awesome to see Woo on the back of a Wings jersey, and cheer for the guy by shouting, "Woo!"? :D

Reactions: BinCookin

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jet Woo - Has a lot of the tools but he's not been a producer at the WHL level. Speedy, puckmoving D. I think I'd wait to see if he falls to round 3, but I like the skill st.

He was a PPG player first half of the season until he got hurt, IIRC. Numbers really dipped after he came back. Just something to note with him.

Reactions: jkutswings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad