• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Anyone have good player comparisons for the D guys? Boqvist, Hughes, Dobson, Bouchard, Wilde, Lundkvist, Sandin.

From what I've been able to gather (Style comparisons, not necessarily ceilings)

Boqvist- John Klingberg
Hughes- Brian Rafalski
Dobson- Alex Pietrangelo
Bouchard- Andrei Markov
Wilde- PK Subban
Sandin- Hampus Lindholm.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
From what I've been able to gather (Style comparisons, not necessarily ceilings)

Boqvist- John Klingberg
Hughes- Brian Rafalski
Dobson- Alex Pietrangelo
Bouchard- Andrei Markov
Wilde- PK Subban
Sandin- Hampus Lindholm.

I keep hearing John Carlson for Bouchard. The rest of these look pretty good, but everything would need to break right for Wilde to get to Subban level.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
I keep hearing John Carlson for Bouchard. The rest of these look pretty good, but everything would need to break right for Wilde to get to Subban level.

That’s why he’s more boom-or-bust than the others. I’ve seen him described as someone who could be the 2nd best Dman in the draft, or AHL fodder.

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I don't see it.

Carlson has always been a guy who has relied on and gotten by on his tools in my eyes. I still feel like he does that to this day.

Bouchard is very intelligent despite quieter tools. If he moved like Carlson he'd be in the conversation for #2 IMO.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
More than likely the player they pick will fill a need and be the BPA...theis draft is deep in the top-end Dmen and scoring wingers. The Rangers need both.

If Joey Valeno was from Massapequa you bet your ass we’d reach for him. Especially if he’s a good guy.

Glad it will be almost impossible to screw This up with the righty Ds and wingers avail

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
More than likely the player they pick will fill a need and be the BPA...theis draft is deep in the top-end Dmen and scoring wingers. The Rangers need both.

Perfectly said. I award you a like.

Use it wisely.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
you go bouchard. cerebral 30 min per night stud do it all dman who can anchor the pp, join the rush and finish with a forwards touch, deft passer and puck mover, plus he's a high character guy who captained his london knights team, no small detail there.

then find a way to add joel farabee. flash and dash high energy guy in the mold of a mikael granlund. another high character guy who captained the us ntdp team. again, matters. this kid can flat out fly and has a pro release. if you want a finisher, this is your guy. never stop motor, intuitive 3 zone producer. used in every key situation and both creative and dangerous.

bouchard and farabee. imagine that day 1.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I may have led part of this Wahlstrom-mania, as I led/encouraged the "he'll fall to #8" talk....

Allow me to propose a (realistic) hypothetical:

It's June 22nd. Wahlstrom is in fact the NYR target. The lottery shakes out with us in the 8th spot. Vancouver is 6th. They are willing to move down two spots, for the price of a late 1st rounder, lets call that #26th overall. Do you do it?

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I may have led part of this Wahlstrom-mania, as I led/encouraged the "he'll fall to #8" talk....

It's June 22nd. Wahlstrom is in fact the NYR target. The lottery shakes out with us in the 8th spot. Vancouver is 6th. They are willing to move down two spots, for the price of a late 1st rounder, lets call that #26th overall. Do you do it?
No.

I like Wahlstrom, but I don’t like Wahlstrom more than Bouchard or Dobson + 26.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Using one of our firsts to move up two sports, when there will be a very good player still available at 8 would be a foolish thing to do
Also Vancouver will more than likely be taking Tkachuk I have a feeling

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Using one of our firsts to move up two sports, when there will be a very good player still available at 8 would be a foolish thing to do
Also Vancouver will more than likely be taking Tkachuk I have a feeling
I think Tkachuk will go to whichever of Edmonton, Montreal, or Vancouver gets to him first.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
I think Tkachuk will go to whichever of Edmonton, Montreal, or Vancouver gets to him first.
I think Montreal are going to take a dman with their first although I could see Bergevin taking Tkachuck to give the Canadiens more "attitude"

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
***Note: don't overanalyze my Vancouver trade partner. The point is that we move up 2-3 spots, that's the hypothetical. It's not about "Ohh, well they'd take Tkachuk"

Most seem to say no deal, sit tight at 8th and keep both late 1sts. I'm in the same camp.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
***Note: don't overanalyze my Vancouver trade partner. The point is that we move up 2-3 spots, that's the hypothetical. It's not about "Ohh, well they'd take Tkachuk"

Most seem to say no deal, sit tight at 8th and keep both late 1sts. I'm in the same camp.

Not opposed to moving up...but a late 1st is a bit of an overpayment for two spots outside the top 5. A second rounder might be a different story.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I'd like to find a way to move some combination of our other 1sts, 2nds, Zucc, Spooner/Names, etc. to get another high pick.

Assuming we don't get a lottery pick, I'd trade away an awful lot of the aforementioned items to come away with both Wahlstrom and Dobson/Bouchard/Hughes

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm not seeing the major advantage to moving up 2-3 slots in this draft at all from #8. I am also sure there will be a surprise within that ranges, there always is, compared to the consensus. Keep the picks. Add more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->