Who do you take at 9th Overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I’ve never never liked this guy pronman. I don’t think he knows his ass from his elbow. In that article he also have Filip Chytil going 13-15 if he were in this year’s draft. It’s an assinine comment considering he’d be the number 1 center on the board and wouldn’t get passed Montreal’s pick

But, but, but...he’s so glib!

Clearly, he must be on to something; he says it with such conviction!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I remain unimpressed by Pronman as a talent evaluator.

The funny thing is that he has some good points interwoven into his stuff. You just have to go in with the understanding that he’s looking for very specific things.

In his defense, I will say there is some valid points there about the Bouchard-Boqvist age elements. It’s not that far off from some of the conversations we’ve had concerning Bouchard and Dobson.

With that said, then you have the skating comments and I shake my head and feel like I am about to chastise one of my children for being obnoxious and that they need to go sit down and be quiet.

Reactions: Kovalev27 and Bozle

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The funny thing is that he has some good points interwoven into his stuff. You just have to go in with the understanding that he’s looking for very specific things.

In his defense, I will say there is some valid points there about the Bouchard-Boqvist age elements. It’s not that far off from some of the conversations we’ve had concerning Bouchard and Dobson.

With that said, then you have the skating comments and I shake my head and feel like I am about to chastise one of my children for being obnoxious and that they need to go sit down and be quiet.

His take is narrow that he misses a lot, most notably Kreider and Miller.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Admittedly, he and I tend to have very different approaches to how we view prospects.

And this is why I put more faith in what you and others on this site have to say about prospects than many of the so-called experts.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I don't know why people can't just take Pronman with a grain of salt.

No he isn't Nostradamus. It's one data point. I wrote him off as soon as the whole "St Croix thing" happened, but then I kept reading.

He clearly describes what he sees, while laying our his biases in the broad light of day. Which is more than I can say for 98% of this board. Agree, disagree - you say tomato / I say potato. It's prospects.

Reactions: East Coast Bias

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Who shoots the most and has the most goals? That guy.

I sort of agree if it's a forward but how would one compensate for the difference in the the various leagues they are shooting and scoring in? For a long time the Q was, maybe still is seen as a the most offensive orientated league versus the others. Also the outside of North America leagues, Kopitar and such would likely be missed by going just by scoring/shooting, heck he was missed as he was drafted 11th and is in my opinion the 2nd best player out of that whole draft.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->