Who do you take at 9th Overall

Who do you take at 9th Overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Does Tkachuk have a history of concussion problems? That's one of the few things that would push him down, imo

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I agree with what you say. He's fine or very good at 8 if everybody else we focus on is gone. Dahlin, Hughes, Svech, Zadina, Wahlstrom, Bouchard, Dobson, Tkachuck are the top 8 so far. If the D and other wingers are gone, yes, I couldn't argue with it then, I suppose.

We can only hope to rise in the lottery.

edit: BUT WAIT! If we pick 8th, wouldn't we rather have Farabee than Tkachuck?!

I would for sure. :)

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Tkachuk probably goes top-5, much to the dismay of the fans of the team that picks him.

The closer we get the draft, the more I see the possibility of Zadina falling out of the top-5.

All it takes is one team to like Bouchard/Boqvist more and one team to like Tkachuk more.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Tkachuk probably goes top-5, much to the dismay of the fans of the team that picks him.

The closer we get the draft, the more I see the possibility of Zadina falling out of the top-5.

All it takes is one team to like Bouchard/Boqvist more and one team to like Tkachuk more.
I'm with you on this. I seem to be one of the few that thinks that Zadina in the top 3 isn't such a given. Bouchard going top 5 can mix things up quite a bit.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Tkachuk is this years Andersson.

Very promising all around player, minus the FLASH.

He may not possess the skill-set or scoring ability as a guy like Wahlstrom, Svechnikov, or Zadina, but the kid has tools, IQ, skill, and plays with an Edge.

I think some of us (including me at times) are so hellbent on drafting an elite goal scorer, that we tend to overlook a prospects overall game, and ultimately become tunnel vision stat gremlins that focus on points and neglect overall play.

The last kid we drafted that had that game breaking talent we’ve been void of passed away before he could play here in NY. Part of me desperately wants to see us draft the pure goal scorer. But the other part of me realizes that guys like Tkachuk (can) become two-way powerhouses that can play in any situation, and against anyone, while producing.

If he’s there at 8, somehow, you don’t even think twice about who else is on the board. This is coming from someone who would be very pleased with Dobson or Bouchard.

Reactions: Pizza

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil

He may not possess the skill-set or scoring ability as a guy like Wahlstrom, Svechnikov, or Zadina, but the kid has tools, IQ, skill, and plays with an Edge.

I think some of us (including me at times) are so hellbent on drafting an elite goal scorer, that we tend to overlook a prospects overall game, and ultimately become tunnel vision stat gremlins that focus on points and neglect overall play.

The last kid we drafted someone that had that game breaking talent we’ve been void of passed away before he could play here in NY. Part of me desperately wants to see us draft the pure goal scorer. But the other part of me realizes that guys like Tkachuk (can) become two-way powerhouses that can play in any situation, and against anyone, while producing.

If he’s there at 8, somehow, you don’t even think twice about who else is on the board. This is coming from someone who would be very pleased with Dobson or Bouchard.
Andersson produced more in his draft year imo. Tkachuck has the bloodline helping also.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Andersson produced more in his draft year imo. Tkachuck has the bloodline helping also.
This wasn’t a Tkachuk vs Andersson post. The nature of it was to try and illustrate how both players are/were overlooked by many people due to their lack of pizzazz.

Reactions: Fvital92

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
ATM we need that elite goalscorer, in fact we need 3 of them, at least 2, more than any other position really.

And those aren't available in free agency. That's why I hope we use our late first rounders on boom or bust players. Kravtsov (likely not available when we pick but I'd trade up using a 2nd to get him), Kaut (I saw him yesterday. Damn, what a player. All over the ice and a wicked shot. Was unlucky that he hit the post twice) and the obvious Bokk who everyone here loves, are good candidates. I also think Jesse Ylonen is a guy who might surprise quite a few people.

Reactions: Pixie

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005

The last kid we drafted that had that game breaking talent we’ve been void of passed away before he could play here in NY. Part of me desperately wants to see us draft the pure goal scorer. But the other part of me realizes that guys like Tkachuk (can) become two-way powerhouses that can play in any situation, and against anyone, while producing.

Yeah. You can sense our fan base bias against this kid. It's like right down to the collective bone marrow.

I agree with you if he's there, somehow, you take him.

God this draft is going to be so much fun.

Witnessing the paroxysm of grief over the selections will be almost as fun seeing who we get.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yeah. You can sense our fan base bias against this kid. It's like right down to the collective bone marrow.

Witnessing the paroxysm of grief over the selections will be almost as fun seeing who we get.

Admittedly, I didn’t love our draft last year until after the dust settled. For starters I wanted to move up a couple of spots with our 2nd 1st. And then when the Chytil pick was announced, I wanted to go Bruce Lee on Gortons ass.

It’s crazy how quickly opinions can differ after just a few months.

I haven’t been this excited about any draft. Ever. It’s not just a shot at a lottery pick, but also the number of picks we have in the first three rounds. Fun times for sure.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I think we need to distinguish "bias against this kid" from "not thinking he should be a top-5 pick".

Nobody is saying Tkachuk is a bad prospect, or someone who shouldn't be drafted in the top-10. People have problems with scouts projecting Tkachuk in the top-3 which, and I agree with this, is too high. The previous rankings where he was projected around 7 or 8, make more sense. He is definitely a top-10 pick

Reactions: Off Sides and Pizza

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I take Tkachuk if we end up staying at 8 or dropping. That's as high as I'd take him though, because we won't be picking at 7, and my Top 6 is set (Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Boqvist, Hughes, Wahlstrom)

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I think we need to distinguish "bias against this kid" from "not thinking he should be a top-5 pick".

Nobody is saying Tkachuk is a bad prospect, or someone who shouldn't be drafted in the top-10. People have problems with scouts projecting Tkachuk in the top-3 which, and I agree with this, is too high. The previous rankings where he was projected around 7 or 8, make more sense. He is definitely a top-10 pick

Get what your saying here. Good point.

It's just when I watch the playoffs each year I can't help but notice how many scrappy goals are scored in the down low, dirty areas.

This is why I'm attracted to a player like Tkachuk.

If we somehow got that 3rd pick.... Tough call IMHO. Glad I don't get to make it.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Admittedly, I didn’t love our draft last year until after the dust settled. For starters I wanted to move up a couple of spots with our 2nd 1st. And then when the Chytil pick was announced, I wanted to go Bruce Lee on Gortons ass.

It’s crazy how quickly opinions can differ after just a few months.

I haven’t been this excited about any draft. Ever. It’s not just a shot at a lottery pick, but also the number of picks we have in the first three rounds. Fun times for sure.

You and like 95% of the base, Lol.

Right there with you.

Reactions: NewYorkNick

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
It's just when I watch the playoffs each year I can't help but notice how many scrappy goals are scored in the down low, dirty areas.

Exactly my thinking right there. And that something I like about Andersson as well. He possesses that ability to put himself in position to score those dirty goals down low, similar to Tkachuck.

The goal Chytil scored earlier today is another example of that typical playoff goal right outside of the goalies crease. He was a bull on that goal.

Kreider seems to be the only player on our current roster who’s good at that. Vesey too, to a certain degree.

The end-to-end highlight reel goals are nice, but that’s not the typical goal you see in a tight playoff game. It’s the dirty goals down low that seem to be the big difference makers.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->