Who do you take at 9th Overall

Who do you take at 9th Overall

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. Obviously it is unlikely that the draft order stays the same, but interesting nonetheless. Results so far:

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal - Wahlstrom (48%)
5: Detroit - Boqvist (52%)
6: Vancouver - Hughes (58%)
7. Chicago - Tkachuk (62%)
8. NYR -

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Bouchard.

I agree @darko - he is not well known player yet compare to some other prospect in this draft, but he is a very promising prospect with 1D talent.

A highly intelligent all-around defenceman that plays with poise and can shift the pace of play in a multitude of ways.

Evan Bouchard

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Bouchard or Dobson

I prefer Dobson because his game excels stopping the rush, closing gaps, and controlling the defensive zone. Bouchard seems more to me like the guy that gets the puck and controls possession up ice after the defensive stop has been made.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. Obviously it is unlikely that the draft order stays the same, but interesting nonetheless. Results so far:

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal - Wahlstrom (48%)
5: Detroit - Boqvist (52%)
6: Vancouver - Hughes (58%)
7. Chicago - Tkachuk (62%)
8. NYR -

There is zero chance Tkachuk doesn't go in the top 4.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to me Hayton seems like such a Rangers pick.

Not with what Gorton has been saying. He seems safe, and that's not how Gorton sounds like he's approaching this draft. With Andersson and Howden in the fold, I don't see them going for Hayton.

Phoicon

Take these broken wings and learn to fly again.
Jan 26, 2018
Copenhagen
I went with Farabee, since I wanted to add a different perspective to the discussion and I presumed the consensus pick will be either Dobson or Bouchard. Both of whom are well worthy.

Farabee will probably grow an inch or two and add a bit of muscle to break out of the stereotype people have of him right now. He makes plays and scores goals in big games like Howden but is a better puck carrier and at stick handling and just a bit faster.

If these are the players available I think we will go with a scenario that has been stuck in my head and Ola and others have proposed: trading for another 1st rounder around the 12-15 mark to get one great defenseman (Wilde in my scenario) and one great forward.

Reactions: eco's bones

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
bouchard or farabee will be the pick

hopefully one of them drops and we can make a move to grab both

bouchard has a complete game and has both the shot and poise to play the pp point. offensively, he's got it all. hell play at 6'2+ and 200 lbs- which isnt real big but certainly a pro type body, his skating and fluidity- he can really move the puck and create from the back end, high end smarts and ability to play as a 4th forward make him a big time prospect. plus he's a righty.

farabee is just an overall excellent forward prospect without any obvious holes to his game. you take his speed, finishing ability, smarts, 3 zone play and his non stop compete level and you have a blue chip kid. he's the prototypical "new nhl" type guy plus he's got the finishing ability that cannot be ignored.

both would be a great choice at 8. hopefully we take bouchard and farabee drops so we can make a move to grab both.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
bouchard has a complete game and has both the shot and poise to play the pp point. offensively, he's got it all. hell play at 6'2+ and 200 lbs- which isnt real big but certainly a pro type body, his skating and fluidity- he can really move the puck and create from the back end, high end smarts and ability to play as a 4th forward make him a big time prospect. plus he's a righty.
That is what actually worries me. Being a 4th forward is all well and good, but I would want defenseman to be able to defend. Which is why I think that Dobson is the better choice.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
That is what actually worries me. Being a 4th forward is all well and good, but I would want defenseman to be able to defend. Which is why I think that Dobson is the better choice.

bouchard has a different dimension to his game that is obvious when you watch him.

hes fast enough, quick enough and certainly smart enough to play defense. he's not a bruiser or a guy who is going to play defense first even but he can defend with talent and counter punch. also, he's very tough to beat one on one- almost never happens. he skates so well, pivots with ease and has excellent gap control ability. he's a cerebral defender.

offensively, what he can do it create from the blue line, score goals like a forward, man the pp point with purpose and skate pucks out of danger plus he's a terrific passer as well. he's exactly what this organization needs on the back end.

our defense has been a barren wasteland of offense. its time to change that.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Whatever guy that is not going to fumble and/or cough up the puck at the line/not give up possession or shooting into a blocked lane more than often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad