Who do you guys think our top 5 prospects are?

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
1. Tolvanen
2. Fabbro
3.Allard
4. Mismash
5. Volkov
6. Trenin
7. Pettersson
8. Harper
9. Carrier
10. Pitlick

Only one in NHL next season is Eeli.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Harper I feel like is a pretty underrated prospect. Definitely Top 5 along with Tolvanen, Fabbro, Mismash and Carrier/Allard

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
1. Tolvanen
2. Fabbro
3.Allard
4. Mismash
5. Volkov
6. Trenin
7. Pettersson
8. Harper
9. Carrier
10. Pitlick

Only one in NHL next season is Eeli.
I feel like Pettersson has to easily be above Trenin at this point. Trenin is looking like a bust .

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I feel like Pettersson has to easily be above Trenin at this point. Trenin is looking like a bust .

Petterson is 3 years older at 24...I feel like people forget that. The guy has his best season to date, which just so happens to be the same year he gets to play against 19 year old kids. I think Petterson contributing to the Preds at any point would be a surprise to me.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I was listening to a prospect show on XM NHL the other day, and whomever it was wasn't very excited about Fabbro either. They basically said he's going to be a 3rd pairing D-man in the NHL - possibly might could even make the second pairing on some teams, but it'd be a stretch.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I kind of agree that Fabbro isn't terribly exciting. I think a poor mans Dan Hamuis would be my hope.

My rankings....

Tolvanen

HUGE GAP

Fabbro

Small Gap

Throw all these guys against a wall to see what sticks....

Allard, Mismash, Carrier, Harper, Pitlick, Farrance

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
I mean, if he comes up to the Preds he will be. But the same could have been said about Seth Jones and Sam Girard.

I won't argue about Girard yet, but Seth Jones just a 3rd pairing guy? I don't think a 2 time all star, whose stats this year are comparable to Josi and Subban is just a 3rd pairing guy.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I won't argue about Girard yet, but Seth Jones just a 3rd pairing guy? I don't think a 2 time all star, whose stats this year are comparable to Josi and Subban is just a 3rd pairing guy.
He is saying in Nashville. I would agree with him that Seth Jones would be a bottom pairing D-man here.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
On this roster, Jones was destined to be a 3rd pairing player with the exception of injury. He also may not have developed quite as well over time here either because he wouldn't often have been playing top minutes.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Trenin was out for many games thanks to being boarded by a player from Cleveland. He has never been a fast skater at the AHL level. Usually, the fastest AHL skaters move up to the NHL. Trenin is average at best, due to his size, 6'2" and 211 lbs. He is slowly catching onto the NA style, but he hasn't progressed as much as I had expected him to do so far. He has 3G 7A in 30 games. He looks slower to me than last season. Maybe the injury has slowed him down, but he was never the "Russian Rocket" in the beginning. He turns well, he frequently turns inside other players to close distance. You don't see that if he is chasing a guy straight up the ice.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I wonder how badly that biking accident he had a few summers ago affected Trenin's skating? He was out for a pretty long time after that iirc

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
On this roster, Jones was destined to be a 3rd pairing player with the exception of injury. He also may not have developed quite as well over time here either because he wouldn't often have been playing top minutes.

no, on this roster he would be paired with Josi and Ellis would play with Emelin. Jones has developed into a bona-fide #1D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad