Speculation: Who do the Habs Pick, at the 2018 Draft??

Who do you Take #4 Overall?

• Total voters

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
You were higher on Gauthier than Serge, which I highly disagreed with.

I doubt i was higher on Gauthier than Serge but i definitely know that i've seen both Dobson and Serge play 10x more than you, i've followed both of them even before anyone knew anything about them (and you can see this from their prospect page, i made their pages well before each of their draft years).

edit: i found my 1st 2015 ranking (this was posted in Feb, btw no one was really talking about Dubois at that time), this wasn't my final list and Sergachev did drop some spots eventually:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tt1s-top-30-rankings-1st-edition.2022159/

The only players i have too low are McAvoy/Keller but i don't get the chance to watch the american players as much as the CHL guys.

So in the future plz dont put words in my mouth.

Last edited:
Reactions: CoupeStanley

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Thanks Noblesix and Fish on the sand for clarifying. I didn't think a team could drop more than one spot regardless.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I doubt i was higher on Gauthier than Serge but i definitely know that i've seen both Dobson and Serge play 10x more than you, i've followed both of them even before anyone knew anything about them.

edit: i found my 1st 2015 ranking (this was posted in Feb, btw no one was really talking about Dubois at that time), this wasn't my final list and Sergachev did drop some spots eventually:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/tt1s-top-30-rankings-1st-edition.2022159/

Bergevin has 6 years of experience now, does't mean he's getting better at it.

Quote me in a few years, Boqvist and Hughes will have a higher value than Dobson.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Bergevin has 6 years of experience now, does't mean he's getting better at it.

Quote me in a few years, Boqvist and Hughes will have a higher value than Dobson.

And that my friend is a cool story bro, you should participate in our prospect talk all year round instead of showing yourself a few weeks before the lottery and making statements based on no knowledge. Anyone can open an eliteprospect page and talk about players based on their production.

I haven't seen Boqvist and Hughes play much outside of the international tournies so i can't say much about them..... so i doubt you have. If i was a pro scout i'd actually have the time and ressource to watch all the prospects play, i do this as a hobby and i mainly only have access to CHL games. That said i always feel confident in my CHL player assessment.

P.S: Bergevin isn't in charge of our drafting :dunno:

Last edited:

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
I want Wahlstrom but gotta admit that his choice of going to Harvard next year stress me out a bit. Best Univeristy in the world but when it comes to hockey....:help: Could be a developpement problem. Anyone knows wich CHL team has his rights?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I want Wahlstrom but gotta admit that his choice of going to Harvard next year stress me out a bit. Best Univeristy in the world but when it comes to hockey....:help: Could be a developpement problem. Anyone knows wich CHL team has his rights?
Cape Breton

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

It's just fine for development. They've produced 3 NHLers in the last few years (Kerfoot, Vesey, and Donato). If he goes there (not sure if he's been admitted yet), he'll put up more points than Poehling does next season.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
If you're keeping Price and Weber, then maybe use the pick to acquire something for the now. This is a weak draft, and there's not even a centre ranked in the top 10, which is what we need.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Did they change the rules? It thought you could only move down one spot. In what instances would we lose 2 spots?

You could only move down 1 spot when the lottery was for 1st OA exclusively. Now that it's for 3 positions that's the number of positions you'll drop if all the winners are behind you to start.

If the 15th, 14th and 13th teams draw the top 3 spots in the lottery, every other team will drop back 3 positions.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
If you're keeping Price and Weber, then maybe use the pick to acquire something for the now. This is a weak draft, and there's not even a centre ranked in the top 10, which is what we need.

We need everything lol. An elite prospect is what our prospect pool needs right now.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
At 4? which we very well likely wont end up being at for some strange reason, lets go wahlstrom, but if it really is 4, ill be happy with almost anybody

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

They need defenceman too and another top 6 elite scoring winger would help also.

If they traded the pick who would they go after?

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
We need everything lol. An elite prospect is what our prospect pool needs right now.

We have an aging Price and Weber, the window is now. Unless you trade both of them, it's irrelevant to think about prospects right now.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I really do not see the Petry/Dobson comparable at all.... Dobson is really good. Not sure he'll be a game breaking Subban style guy but he's a good puck mover for his size and solid already defensivley.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You know you can just force a team like Cape Breton to trade his rights to a team like Halifax right? Pretty dumb not to take Wahlstrom solely because of this.

the biggest names to make the NHL with Cape Breton , Mark Barbario who we had, and Alex Picard who we had......Marc Andre Fleury is a goalie, the best they sent to NHL... period....

How many NHL stars Harvard produce??
Here a list of alum...Harvard University Hockey Alumni Report at hockeydb.com

Again, Harvard or Cape Breton, you gotta pass on him , the odds are not there ...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Does anyone have scouting reports for those players that most experts rank in the 4-5-6-7 range (assuming a worst case scenario)?

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
They need defenceman too and another top 6 elite scoring winger would help also.

If they traded the pick who would they go after?

Not sure who, but they should definitely target someone that can help them win now. That 4th draft pick won't be an impact until maybe 5 years down the line, and by the time, Price will be like 35-36, and Weber, 37-38....the window will be closed by then. The philosophy should be either win-now or complete rebuild, can't have it both ways.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
the biggest names to make the NHL with Cape Breton , Mark Barbario who we had, and Alex Picard who we had......Marc Andre Fleury is a goalie, the best they sent to NHL... period....

How many NHL stars Harvard produce??
Here a list of alum...Harvard University Hockey Alumni Report at hockeydb.com

Again, Harvard or Cape Breton, you gotta pass on him , the odds are not there ...
You can easily get another way for him to play hockey next year, something you can even discuss at a pre draft interview. It's not a good reason to pass up on him because of it, if he is willing, you can offer a path which would have him play in the QMJHL for a team, and get him traded from Cape Breton if needed. I wouldn't even worry about this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->