Speculation: Who do the Habs Pick, at the 2018 Draft??

Who do you Take #4 Overall?

• Total voters

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Assuming the draft order stays the same, I'm making a mock draft based on the fanbases preferences. So far there has been a clear consensus for all of the picks, but I am unsure about this one. I predict a tight race between Hughes and Boqvist

1: Buffalo - Dahlin (99%)
2: Ottawa - Svechnikov (88%)
3: Arizona - Zadina (77%)
4: Montreal -

Last edited:

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Chose Walstrom even though we have a 2% chance of drafting 4th.

Good news is we have a better shot at Dahlin.

Bad news is we have an even better shot of dropping to 5-7 spot.

We have to “win” the lottery to just not drop. What a dumb system.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
undersized Amercian defensemen under 6 feet ,that's right up Montreal's alley ..Quinn Hughes 2018

Then we get Jack Hughes in 2019.....who is also undersized under 6 feet

How can you lose with 2 Hughes?

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
It has to be between Hughes and Wahlstrom.

Hughes is what about 3 -4 more years away before he would show up on the Habs roster??? not like say Sergachev etc...

Fingers crossed for Dahlin... instant impact starting 2018-19 season..,lol

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Chose Walstrom even though we have a 2% chance of drafting 4th.

Good news is we have a better shot at Dahlin.

Bad news is we have an even better shot of dropping to 5-7 spot.

We have to “win” the lottery to just not drop. What a dumb system.
How? You are fourth last in the league, so don't you have the highest odds of drafting 4th OV?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hughes is what about 3 -4 more years away before he would show up on the Habs roster??? not like say Sergachev etc...

Fingers crossed for Dahlin... instant impact starting 2018-19 season..,lol

Why would that be? Did you think that too for Victor Mete or Samuel Girard?

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
How? You are fourth last in the league, so don't you have the highest odds of drafting 4th OV?

Capture_d_e_cran_2018_04_08_a_09_20_02.png

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I don't want to wait for another 4 more years for help.

But you won't with Hughes. Kid might be small but has a IQ that is off the chart, same with skills and speed, that will compensate for his lack of strength. OF COURSE, in Montreal, it's not like everywhere else. So frankly, it has nothing to do with Hugues but everything to do with who is in charge. And they could be able to make whoever they pick NOT play in the NHL soon enough.

Reactions: BobbyShehan

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
I haven't seen Hughes alot, but from what I've seen he's way too good of a prospect to have to wait on for 4 years. To change the subject, any reason why Boqvist only has one vote? He's viewed by many as the second best defense prospect.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
But you won't with Hughes. Kid might be small but has a IQ that is off the chart, same with skills and speed, that will compensate for his lack of strength. OF COURSE, in Montreal, it's not like everywhere else. So frankly, it has nothing to do with Hugues but everything to do with who is in charge. And they could be able to make whoever they pick NOT play in the NHL soon enough.

Not knocking Hughes at all, if you want a version of PK Subban back, he is your guy to draft.....won't surprise me to see it be 3 years before he makes the jump (he might stay in Michigan next year )as where Dahlin would be in a Habs jersey starting this season coming without question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->