who did the panthers get for Bertuzzi

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Was it in this draft the panthers got a pick for Bertuzzi or is it in the 2008 draft that they get a pick

I know the pick was conditional pick based upon how deep the wings went in the playoffs

I asked on the Panther board, but they took the question the wrong way and some got offended

a buddy of mine is putting together a web site that looks at trades and trades that occur after that and we are trying to figure out the conditonal pick that was involved

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
I asked on the Panther board, but they took the question the wrong way and some got offended

Dude, you said "Who did the Panthers get for Luongo now?". You were rude and trolling so of course we are going to get offended. You knew full well what you were doing when you posted it, so don't play the fool.

To answer your question, we got prospect Shawn Matthias, a 2nd rounder this year and will get a 2nd rounder in 08 if Bertuzzi resigns. We traded the 2nd rounder this year as part of the Vokoun trade.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
lazycrazycanuck is now known from proper English on a good day.But I can see how he might have viewed is question taking the wrong way. Why did the panthers not offer Auld a contract?

hnat trick

Jun 7, 2006
Mike Keenan trades bring such hostility

And they probably didn't offer Auld a contract because he was outplayed by Ed Belfour last year and they had this great Vokoun trade in place

Rattrick

Oct 31, 2002
Orlando, FL
www.rattrick.com
lazycrazycanuck is now known from proper English on a good day.But I can see how he might have viewed is question taking the wrong way. Why did the panthers not offer Auld a contract?

To quote myself from another thread:

When Auld started to suck last year, he was bar none, the worst goalie I've ever seen in the NHL. He was incapable of stopping anything (as seen in my avatar). He was the worst shootout goalie ever (25% save percentage) and was just brutal overall.

I for one hope he ends up out of a job because watching him last year was terrifying.

No other way to put it: Worst Goalie Ever!

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Panthers got Allen, Auld, and Bertuzzi for Luongo.

In retrospect, yeah, they could've got more from another team, but they made the deal they saw that best fit the team.

Allen signed with Flordia, i believe a 5 year deal.
Bertuzzi got hurt and was eventually traded to the wings for Shawn Matthias and a conditional pick. The pick ended up being a 2nd rounder this year, and if Bertuzzi re-signs with the wings, and 2nd rounder next year. The 2nd rounder this year was used as part of the Vokoun trade. the player Nashville took was Nick Spaling.

Auld had a bad year, plain and simple. He was not offered a contract.

Overall, the Panthers got Allen, Matthias, and a peice to the Vokoun trade.

note: As a wings fan, i was pissed they trade Matthias. He had a breakout year, and if he keeps developing and growing into that frame, the cats are going to have a great prospect.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Matthias ws drafted more for his hockey sense and attitude. And then he had a breakout year with 38 goals and 35 assists. The best thing about Shawn is that he is 6"3 211lbs and has very good speed. Florida got themselves a nice player in Matthias. I will hate to see him leave Belleville in a few years.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
No other way to put it: Worst Goalie Ever!

Saying that he was "25% on shootouts" makes it sound like he stopped 15 of 60 attempts or something.

Stopping 2 out of 8 isn't fantastic, but it's not particularly bad. In other words, if you take an average goaltender who stops 50% of shootouts, there's a fourteen percent chance that he'll stop two or fewer shootout attempts in eight chances.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
All I was trying to figure out was who in the end after 1 year did the panthers get for Luongo

might just be me--but as of late---it has not been hard to offend people around and skins are thinner then normal

as someone from the oiler board--I hope mods have been equally "stringent" on all the comments aimed towards the city of Edmonton and the oilers

it is truly silly season and this place is getting silly

it was a straight foward question the day after the Panthers cut ties with Auld

"who do the Panthers have to show for Luongo" wording slightly different(and a bit harder I think)

how is that flammming or trolling is beyond me-- for me is was a simple question

but people with thin skins got all out of joint

although I am going to have fun with any sligh comments about the oilers now

if this place want to be thin skinned--it better be straight across the board and not just when it comes to a few team discussions

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad