Who are you cheering for in the finals

• Washington Capitals

• Vegas Golden Knights

Results are only viewable after voting.

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
I would be happy for both, but Vegas is an amazing story no matter how the Finals play out. The Washington story will feel incomplete unless they win.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I've always been a big Ovi fan so I'm going with the Caps. As a Flyers fan it seems like the wrong choice but I've never really viewed them as a big rival. When the Flyers were good in the late 2000s they beat the Caps and then lost in 2016 but nobody expected them to win anyway. Other than that I can't remember seeing then in the playoffs in recent history and they weren't in the same division until the last few years. They've also played the Pens and Rangers a ton on the playoffs recently so I've found myself rooting for them even before this season.

I've enjoyed the Vegas underdog story but part of me (a big part!) is jealous and bitter and feels like a team, it's players, owners, and fans need to suffer a little and feel some heartbreak before winning it all. It makes it that much sweeter. I know the players are cast-offs so they have endured some struggle and heartbreak but I'm bitter so I feel how I feel, deal with it. I also think it's still an amazing underdog story even if they don't win it all. Those players have proven their former GMs and Owners to be idiots and that to me is enough.

Reactions: flamesforcup

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m just extremely jealous of Vegas, but I don’t like Washington either. Realistically I’m just going to cheer for a game 7 OT, so my loyalties will be switching regularly.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Torn.

Pulling for my former Panthers, but a ring for Ovechkin catapults and alters his legacy. Plus, 44 years is a long stretch of suffering for Capitals fans.

Win-win for me.

Yeah, basically the same.

When push comes to shove, going for Vegas. Won't be upset if Washington wins.

Just happy it is two new teams, and teams I don't dislike!

djboos22

Aho (insert pun)
Jan 17, 2011
Palm Bay, FL
Caps.

Call me a hater, but personally, I just can’t stomach watching Vegas win already. The city has done a great job for the fans and the entire atmosphere, but man...all I can think about is St. Louis, Vancouver, Nashville, San Jose, Washington, Winnipeg. It’s not the fault of Vegas, but experience some heartache first! lol

Also, it’s Backstrom and Oshie for me that I would like to see raise the cup.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
I want caps cause Ovi

but

I want vegas cause that s*** is movie material, and look at what the city went through at the beginning of the year, itll be awesome to see them win

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
After so many years of great regular seasons and playoff failures, I really hope the Caps win it all. As for Vegas, unbelievable story, but I am rooting for the Caps nevertheless.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I'm actually torn, like right in the middle and I've never ever felt this way between two teams in a series. Since the beginning these were the two teams I wanted. Congrats to both and their fans!!

That's exactly where I stand too. I like the underdog story for Vegas, and I'd like Ovechkin to finally get the monkey off his back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->