Who are the worst people in Hockey history?

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
Yup, it seems silly to fault Goodenow for being a damn good union rep. Yeah, he misjudged the owner's resolve, but guven how divided they were last time, can you blame him. Remember, a salary cap was possible back in '94, but the owners rejected it.

Also do not blame Goodenow for the huge increase in salaries if it wasnt for owners this would not have happened. In the books that I mentioned it said that the most inflationary part of the 1994 CBA was the arbitration, but when players won their awards teams were not obligated to sign the players.

Funny thing about arbitration, it is a third party that decides the outcome and it cannot be overruled after. Also in one of the books it was talking about how a team went to arbitration (I think it was New Jersey) and Lamourello was arguing against the player and gave the arbitrator some stats and they asked "What is TOI?" How do you like that an arbitrator that knows dick all about the sport. :help:

Alan Jackson

Nov 3, 2005
Langley, BC
Despite what Wetcoaster might think, Pat Quinn dosen't deserve to be anywhere near this thread. Yes, he showed piss poor judgment when accepting a payment from the Canucks whilst still employed by the Kings, but nobody accused Quinn of trying to sabotage the Kings for the rest of that season, or anything else of the sort.

I think the name Mike Keenan, however, at least belongs in the discussion.

Wetcoaster

Despite what Wetcoaster might think, Pat Quinn dosen't deserve to be anywhere near this thread. Yes, he showed piss poor judgment when accepting a payment from the Canucks whilst still employed by the Kings, but nobody accused Quinn of trying to sabotage the Kings for the rest of that season, or anything else of the sort.

I think the name Mike Keenan, however, at least belongs in the discussion.
Suspended for life for conduct prejudicial to the NHL and being severely criticized for bring the league into disrepute and damaging the integrity of the competive nature of the game per the report on Quinn's activities ... pretty hard to see how Quinn is NOT on that list.

Wetcoaster

Also do not blame Goodenow for the huge increase in salaries if it wasnt for owners this would not have happened. In the books that I mentioned it said that the most inflationary part of the 1994 CBA was the arbitration, but when players won their awards teams were not obligated to sign the players.

Funny thing about arbitration, it is a third party that decides the outcome and it cannot be overruled after. Also in one of the books it was talking about how a team went to arbitration (I think it was New Jersey) and Lamourello was arguing against the player and gave the arbitrator some stats and they asked "What is TOI?" How do you like that an arbitrator that knows dick all about the sport. :help:
Just like judges - it is up to counsel to educate them.

Sammy*

How bout Mchael Largue.
Not a despicable character, merely a pathetic one.

Canadarocks

Sep 16, 2005
Steven Brunt spoke recently on Mtl radio about the Bobby Hull/racism story. It was crap and apparently a very nice settlement was made in Hull's favour.

I've heard that Bobby Hull made that comment about Hitler having some good ideas but going to far was a response to the growing black population in America. If so, I have a hard time seeing how he could have not have meant something racist.

KevFist

is best pony
Oct 22, 2006
Birmingham, AL
www.mk837.com
1. I can't think of a player that ended/endangered more careers than Bryan Marchment.

2. Dany Heatley. Kill a teammate in a car accident that could have very easily been avoided, request trade, get traded, trash the city you used to play in ad nauseumm, and not serve ANY sentence time for your conviction of manslaughter to boot. He may be a great player, but as a person, he's a piece of garbage. I hope he thinks about Dan Snyder every time he hears the word Atlanta.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
1. I can't think of a player that ended/endangered more careers than Bryan Marchment.

2. Dany Heatley. Kill a teammate in a car accident that could have very easily been avoided, request trade, get traded, trash the city you used to play in ad nauseumm, and not serve ANY sentence time for your conviction of manslaughter to boot. He may be a great player, but as a person, he's a piece of garbage. I hope he thinks about Dan Snyder every time he hears the word Atlanta.

Heatley seems like a nice guy to me. Maybe not a whole lot going on between the ears, but a nice guy...

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Heatley's pretty nice, a pal of mine in Kelowna was hanging at his friend's house and Heatley knocked on the door to introduce himself to everyone when he moved in.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Heatley's pretty nice, a pal of mine in Kelowna was hanging at his friend's house and Heatley knocked on the door to introduce himself to everyone when he moved in.

Im sure theres a lot of nice 18 year olds serving lengthy jail terms.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->