Islanders Point Blank: Who Are The Real NY Islanders?

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Boychuk and Leddy being bailed out by Hamonic and de Haan this year hurts.

Strome and Lee regressing hard as well.

Now the real Islanders are an ok offense with excellent goaltending and PK.

Like the complete opposite.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002

you mean to say that both leddy and boychuk are struggling? if so, i can't agree that leddy is struggling. boychuck? yes. but not leddy.

agreed on strome and lee. seven goals between the two of them? what a ****ing joke. people rail on bailey and he has seven goals himself and everyone knows his offensive limits!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Capuano reached his apex last season.

Change the voice coming from the bench, or continue to watch this team rot in mediocrity.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010

I am glad to see deHaan step up though. So many had him traded for pucks last year.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
if so, i can't agree that leddy is struggling. boychuck? yes. but not leddy.

Leddy is absolutely struggling.

This year: 37 games, 0 goals and 11 assists for 11 points. -5 +/-. 6 of his 11 assists are PP so he has 5 even strength points. He's playing 22:36. If you're into advanced stats his 5 on 5 CF% is 50.31.

Last year: 36 games, 6 goals and 10 assists for 16 points. +8 +/-. 4 of his 10 assists were PP so he had 12 even strength points. He was playing 20:15. If you're into advanced stats his 5 on 5 CF% was 55.96.

Has he been bad? No. Has he regressed? Yes. He's been underwhelming. Finally got to see a typical Leddy play last night with that feed to Nielsen. Maybe we get that the rest of the way.

Universal opinion is that Boychuk had a career year but I'm extending that to Leddy. Everyone saw the even strength dominance and figured if we add him to the PP he can hit that 50 point mark. This year we need to set our eyes on definitely hitting that 30.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Something bad seemed to happen when these guys signed their very lucrative long term deals. The Isles downturn started almost right after both Leddy and Boychuck signed on. Complacency setting in?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Leddy is absolutely struggling.

This year: 37 games, 0 goals and 11 assists for 11 points. -5 +/-. 6 of his 11 assists are PP so he has 5 even strength points. He's playing 22:36. If you're into advanced stats his 5 on 5 CF% is 50.31.

Last year: 36 games, 6 goals and 10 assists for 16 points. +8 +/-. 4 of his 10 assists were PP so he had 12 even strength points. He was playing 20:15. If you're into advanced stats his 5 on 5 CF% was 55.96.

Has he been bad? No. Has he regressed? Yes. He's been underwhelming. Finally got to see a typical Leddy play last night with that feed to Nielsen. Maybe we get that the rest of the way.

Universal opinion is that Boychuk had a career year but I'm extending that to Leddy. Everyone saw the even strength dominance and figured if we add him to the PP he can hit that 50 point mark. This year we need to set our eyes on definitely hitting that 30.

People were screaming Norris Trophy candidate..it's not too far back I can probably track those posts down lol.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
(i) The opposition adjusted to Boychuk on the PP. But, in general, he's never going to be a big scoring threat because his release is pretty slow and he doesn't one-time the puck well.

(ii) Opponents are absolutely keying on NYI carrying the puck through the neutral zone. Obviously, this is going to affect Nick Leddy more than any other Islander. The only Islander that's really made the adjustment is Frans Nielsen. All that said, his luck has been absolutely terrible. He should have scored at least 2-3 more goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad