Who Are Jets Core Players Now and Going Forward?

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
This thread puts emphasis on how important it is to win while elite talent is on ELCs, and before your veteran group regresses. Winnipeg's window is now open for several years, however they are in the "sweet spot" right now, and that will only last for one more year.

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
Does Kyle Conner on a 4- 4.5 mil aav long term move him ahead of Ehlers on the “Core chart”?
Seems like KC is the guy on the bubble for core, but only because we fear not being able to afford him at some point. I think I’d prefer to see him bridged, along with others and extend the window.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Does Kyle Conner on a 4- 4.5 mil aav long term move him ahead of Ehlers on the “Core chart”?
Seems like KC is the guy on the bubble for core, but only because we fear not being able to afford him at some point. I think I’d prefer to see him bridged, along with others and extend the window.

If he signs for anything less than 5m on a long term contract I will buy myself a lottery ticket and be over the moon.

Connor will likely sign for a bridge deal(IMO), he’s gonna be a 60+ average guy(if he can fix his flaws and play constantly good night in and out he should be a 70pt guy with his tools IMO), I think it’s gonna be a 4m deal for 1 or 2 seasons to see if he can be that consistant guy. As a huge Connor fan I will get allot of flack for this but I’m still secretly hoping he will convert to Center in his future, he looks allot like a faster but weaker Scheifele and having a future 2nd line of
Vesalainen - Connor - Roslovic would be extremely fun(deep future though).

Last edited:
Reactions: Oseductive

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
I'm not sure the Jets should follow the "Blackhawks Model."

Lowry over Connor, Peggy? Connor has 23 goals in his rookie year.

In response to adammlis, Wheeler sure appears tired, time will certainly tell whether or not he is now close to major regression.

I wonder if the market will undervalue Lowry due to low production v.v. his real value. For that reason he may very well make sense to include as part of our core.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I wonder if the market will undervalue Lowry due to low production v.v. his real value. For that reason he may very well make sense to include as part of our core.
Lowry is definitely a keeper and I would keep him on a cheap contract over a vast majority of the team. I just don't know how big of a core can be. If its 5 players and the rest are depth I don't think he beats out Lanie Ehlers Chef, Mo, Trouba. I would definitely keep a 3.5 mil Lowry over little , Perrault, at their current salary Armia, Copp, Tanev, Connor at 6 mil .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad