• Pronger

• Pahlsson

• MacDonald

• Selanne

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
The 3rd line led by Pahlsson had some huge goals. If im not mistaken they scored the GWGs late in game 1 and 2 of the finals.

Selanne had the OT goal in game 5 vs Red Wings.

Honestly i think its Pahlsson>Giguere>Niedermayer. But its very very close

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If not for suspensions Pronger. Because he got suspended in key moments I think Giguere should have got it. Without him there’s not a chance we get past Detroit, he stood on his head that series.

Niedermayer I think won it on reputation that season.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Pahlsson for me! This line, was instrumental for the win. Man I wish we would have a center like him now - maybe a little bit more offensive upside. And no, I don't think Kesler is the answer ;-)

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
All I can say is as we were waiting for the trophy presentation in the arena, I remember thinking it would probably be Pahlsson with the slight chance it was Andy Mac. That was 11 years ago, so I couldn't tell you why I was thinking that. I was slightly surprised it was Niedermayer, although the goals he did score that postseason were of the massively important kind.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
To me everyone listed played huge roles but what that difference was game 5 and 6 vs detroit. And that was abll about nieds if you ask me. He was a warrior. Giguere ans everyone else were good but that nieds was the difference maker.

The ottawa series felt academic after that.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That was a tough 1.. so many people deserved it

Pahlsson, mcdonald, pronger, giguere, getzlaf, neids even beauchmin prob had a decent case....

I would argue neids being 3-5 range but he was the easiest option.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Pahlsson. That line shut down every top player on every other team, and he was easily the most instrumental player on that line. The fact that he also scored the only goal in one of the finals puts him on the top for me.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If not for suspensions Pronger. Because he got suspended in key moments I think Giguere should have got it. Without him there’s not a chance we get past Detroit, he stood on his head that series.

Niedermayer I think won it on reputation that season.

Yeah it's truthfully probably Pronger or Giguere but I also get the hesitancy to give it to guys who missed games and the team won without. Like Pronger missed two very important games and the team won both, so I get how that makes it tough for some to consider him most valuable. And the team basically won an entire series(albeit first round) without Giguere, so yeah I get that one as well.

Honestly they probably got it right with Niedermayer, or it certainly wasn't a wrong choice. I remember wanting Pahlsson at the time, but that was probably me just being a hipster of sorts and hyping up an unsung hero. In hindsight I'm actually not sure how you'd go Pahlsson over Niedermayer, pretty much every argument for Pahlsson applies to Niedermayer except his role was bigger in every way.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
My pick is Pahlsson. He was just amazing all year, and kept going in the post season. He had a crazy 2 year peak. He was a key Sweden player in the olympics in 2006, then a big cup player in 07.

Giggy’s my #2. Even though he wasn’t in the 1st round, he matched peak Hasek, Luongo, and Emery (who played the best of his career by far). He was pretty much perfect, and he did so when dealing with his son being born with the major complications at the same time. (Not that it counts, but worth mentioning)

Nieds and Pronger almost cancel each other out. That’s my justification at least. Both were stellar.

Andymac was great too. So dynamic, what a player. Sad he had concussions.

Getz was super solid, but not too depended on. He did lead us in scoring though.

It’s a bummer with the retirements/goalies we weren’t able to win another cup with this core. That team was damn good.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My pick is Pahlsson. He was just amazing all year, and kept going in the post season. He had a crazy 2 year peak. He was a key Sweden player in the olympics in 2006, then a big cup player in 07.

Giggy’s my #2. Even though he wasn’t in the 1st round, he matched peak Hasek, Luongo, and Emery (who played the best of his career by far). He was pretty much perfect, and he did so when dealing with his son being born with the major complications at the same time. (Not that it counts, but worth mentioning)

Nieds and Pronger almost cancel each other out. That’s my justification at least. Both were stellar.

Andymac was great too. So dynamic, what a player. Sad he had concussions.

Getz was super solid, but not too depended on. He did lead us in scoring though.

It’s a bummer with the retirements/goalies we weren’t able to win another cup with this core. That team was damn good.

Giguere fading as fast as he did really hurt. If we have 07 level Jiggy in 09 over Hiller we would have beaten Detroit and probably won another cup.

Reactions: Lyons71
Oct 18, 2011
Giguere should have won. He was our best player in the most important games. I feel like the writers used his previous CS win against him and didn't want to deal with the HOF questions.

Nieds won it as a lifetime achievement award. Like he was fine but I didn't think he played great, just good.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Pronger suspended twice with us winning each of the games he missed because of it and Giguere not starting the first 4 playoff games in which the team won 3 of them keeps them from winning the Conn Smythe IMO.

Phalsson vs. S. Niedermayer.
S. Niedermayer had 1 less point then Phalsson. He played 29:51 min a game to Phalsson 19:25 a game. He had 2 game winning goals which were in OT and 1 of them was a series winning goal. He also had a late 3rd period goal against Detroit that tied the game in which the Ducks won in OT.

S. Niedermayer playing in each and every game with 3 huge goals and playing amost 30 min a game would get my vote for Conn Smythe.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Was looking up random things and dove into the 07 Ducks, unbelievable in terms of ice time how much the Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermeyer line played for a 'third line' and also you wouldn't guess that Beauchemin led the team in TOI I think 4 out 5 games in the finals. Always thought that Pronger and Nieds were playing 30 minutes apiece but no one includes Beau in that too.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Was looking up random things and dove into the 07 Ducks, unbelievable in terms of ice time how much the Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermeyer line played for a 'third line' and also you wouldn't guess that Beauchemin led the team in TOI I think 4 out 5 games in the finals. Always thought that Pronger and Nieds were playing 30 minutes apiece but no one includes Beau in that too.
Good bump. Hopefully this livens things up a bit around here.

Went with Pahlsson for the poll, but could see the case for any of the names mentioned. That team was so insanely stacked that I wouldn't be upset no matter who won it.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I think the 3 top votes sum it up well. I would have gone with Jiggy, maybe that would have gotten his #35 in the rafters.

I would say Scotty was good, but won on reputation and leadership more than his actual play in the playoffs.

Pahlsson was a dark horse and was huge for the team overall. That 3rd line was MVP in my mind.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
These bumps are always nice to see who’s come and gone from the board over the years. A couple very quality posters in this thread who had life get in the way.

Anyway, I would have given it to Giggy as well, who was also probably hurt by the fact that Bryzgalov was very good in the first three games of the Minnesota series that he missed due to the complications with his son, but 35 carried that team through Detroit. If he wins it in ‘07, he’s probably looking at an outside shot at a plaque in Toronto, especially given the HHOF opening the floodgates with guys like Barrasso and Vernon being admitted this year.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
The 3rd line would've been my choice, but Giggy would've been a very close 2nd. Scotty got it out of name recognition and lack of having one IMO. I would take Giggy, Pahlsson, Pronger, Getzlaf and probably Beauch over Scotty. Going in to that run I was a giant Beauch hater, but his play and TOI during that playoff run is insane.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
The 3rd line would've been my choice, but Giggy would've been a very close 2nd. Scotty got it out of name recognition and lack of having one IMO. I would take Giggy, Pahlsson, Pronger, Getzlaf and probably Beauch over Scotty. Going in to that run I was a giant Beauch hater, but his play and TOI during that playoff run is insane.
Even after this?

via GIPHY | What gif, Awkward gif, Cool gifs

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Giguere played in 18 of the 21 playoff games, so missing 3 games would be a small factor in him not winning the trophy.

It’s hard to single out one of the forwards or d-men since it was such a team effort. I feel like they gave it to Scotty as a default since he was the captain and leader.

McDonald led the team in goals with 10, but surprisingly only had 4 assists.

Pahlsson was amazing in the 3rd line shutdown role, but only had 3 goals in 21 games.

If only the 3rd line could have shared the trophy…how about some love for Travis Moen? Tied for 2nd on the team with 7 goals.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Beauchemin is the 2nd best defenseman in ducks history(yes, better than Pronger who was only here for 3 years). Better than Lindholm and Fowler too

Longevity matters and he was an absolute monster.

He’s kind of like Teemu in a way. What he did after he came back to the ducks in his 2nd stint is just as impressive if not more impressive than his first stint

Reactions: TopShelfWaterBottle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad