Who’d You Rather...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I gotta say, I lean Lucic. Horrid contract but I think he’d bring more than Alzner foes and add an extra dimension to put forward group that were lacking now.

But yes, both suck.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Amazing for a team that preaches “character” so heavily, that we would target a player who pulled the crap Lucic did after and during the series we beat Boston in 2014 and a player like Drouin who pulled the stuff he did in Tampa. What does this character Bergevin talks about even mean? Taking a bunch of stupid undeciplined penalties like Shaw? The guy doesn’t even know what the word means.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
1340915.jpg

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Lucic. You may not like him, but he’d add a lot more to this group than Alzner does on defense. Even with a bad year of only 34 points he’d be tied with Paul Byron, and he’d add a physical presence in our top 9 that we haven’t had in a long time.

Alzner just sucks. Lucic has been a consistent 50 point player when he’s healthy. I’d rather have neither but I’d take Lucic all day everyday over Alzner.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
player-wise, Lucic. A terrible winger can only do so much damage to a team on a game compared to a terrible defenseman.

tank-wise, lulzner is the perfect man for the job

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Amazing for a team that preaches “character” so heavily, that we would target a player who pulled the crap Lucic did after and during the series we beat Boston in 2014 and a player like Drouin who pulled the stuff he did in Tampa. What does this character Bergevin talks about even mean? Taking a bunch of stupid undeciplined penalties like Shaw? The guy doesn’t even know what the word means.

Drouin didn't do anything bad in Tampa. He sat out for what he thought was the betterment of his career. These guys shouldn't owe anything to their organizations that (clearly) are willing to trade them at a seconds notice.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lucic >> Alzner. Alzner is not good defensively and he don’t generate much offense. Lucic is slow for today’s game but he has value in the top 9F.

Patch (sign and trade) & Alzner for Lucic and Oilers 1st (8th at the moment). Add a 2nd round pick if you have too. I think the Oilers would be interested in Patch if they can get him extended. They likely won’t want to trade their 1st but they don’t get Patch if they don’t caugh up the pick

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Lucic >> Alzner. Alzner is not good defensively and he don’t generate much offense. Lucic is slow for today’s game but he has value in the top 9F.

Patch (sign and trade) & Alzner for Lucic and Oilers 1st (8th at the moment). Add a 2nd round pick if you have too. I think the Oilers would be interested in Patch if they can get him extended. They likely won’t want to trade their 1st but they don’t get Patch if they don’t caugh up the pick
I would take Sergei Kostitsyn back over either of those guys.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014

I like the idea of Patch & Alzner for Lucic and the 8th overall pick. Lucic is not the scorer that Pacioretty is, but he is much more involved physically than Max and could help make his line mates better by creating space for them out on the ice.

Lucic is a complementary player and Pacioretty just plays like one.

I might prefer Pacioretty, Alzner and Lehkonen or Hudon for RNH, Lucic and Nurse, though. I'd hate to part with Lehkonen and or Hudon, but I feel EDM would insist on having a young, cost controlled winger with upside.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I like the idea of Patch & Alzner for Lucic and the 8th overall pick. Lucic is not the scorer that Pacioretty is, but he is much more involved physically than Max and could help make his line mates better by creating space for them out on the ice.

Lucic is a complementary player and Pacioretty just plays like one.

I might prefer Pacioretty, Alzner and Lehkonen or Hudon for RNH, Lucic and Nurse, though. I'd hate to part with Lehkonen and or Hudon, but I feel EDM would insist on having a young, cost controlled winger with upside.

There could be a deal between the Habs and Oilers IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad