Which young players will become fixtures for their teams next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Latin*

Which young players will earn permanent spots on the big club's roster next season?

Players I'm especially interested in are Tjutin, Woywitka, Balej, and Fehr.

Thanks,

S L

Vic Rattlehead*

If the Bruins do not get a backup, Toivonen will step in(even though he will be rushed). It also looks like Andy Hilbert and Brad Boyes will get spots in the lineup next year. Milan Jurcina may also steal a spot.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Daley and Ellis for sure for the Stars, with Lessard having a good shot as well.

Testify

Jun 24, 2004
does Matt Keith as a pretty good chance of moving up to the Hawks' roster??

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Penguins
Marc-Andre Fleury
Ryan Scuderi
Ben Eaves

IMO

Fleury may spend alot of the season in the AHL though and Eaves is a darkhorse pick of mine for the Calder. He may not even make the roster at all this season. Scuderi isn't a prospect by HF guidelines, but he is eligible for the Calder(not that he is anywhere near Calder contention, just saying that he is a rookie by the NHL's guidelines).

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Steve Latin said:
Which young players will earn permanent spots on the big club's roster next season?

Players I'm especially interested in are Tjutin, Woywitka, Balej, and Fehr.

Thanks,

S L

If Ovechkin plays, Ovechkin.

Also,

Semin
Ouellet
Eminger
Morrisonn
Sutherby
Aulin

The Caps are going green.

Fleischmann, Klepis, Johansson, and Green have decent shots.

I see Fehr being worked in next year, he's still a little young.

adichiara03

Jun 19, 2004
Rangers rookies for 2004-2005 Balej, Tyutin, Kondratiev, Betts, Pock, Murray, Labarbera, Helminen and Moore might win a spot....8 probable rookies.

adichiara03

Jun 19, 2004
I forgot to add Lampman, probably wont start the yera on the team but he will get in there

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Rangers rookies for 2004-2005 Balej, Tyutin, Kondratiev, Betts, Pock, Murray, Labarbera, Helminen and Moore might win a spot....8 probable rookies.

since the question is who will become a fixture on the team, i'll debate this list a little

balej, tjutin, and murray are pretty much locks for sure at this point...kondratiev is a big probable the way the rangers brass have been talking about him, and it's pretty likely betts will be the 4th line center if there's a season, provided he's healthy.

so that's 5 players...then it gets sticky. pock isn't as much of a lock, i've heard rangers brass talk about him playing in hartford as well...and when you take a look at the rangers blueline next year...poti, rachunek, kaspar, and tjutin are locks, kondratiev is a big probable, so there's one spot left...if the rangers want to stabalize that D with a vet signing, then pock is in hartford. if not, then he could be in...not the most defensive D though and that will be a problem spot...compounded if pock is in the lineup instead of a stabalizing vet d-man. but...might not hurt anything either...rachunek isn't bad defensively, kaspar has actually played real well on D, tjutin is good defensively and kondratiev is supposed to be as well..but they're rookies so they'll make mistakes. anyways, it'll probably be kinda ugly. but my point is that pock isn't a lock

as for the forwards, concerning helminen and moore...well it definatly depends on what the rangers want to do...you know holik will play center and betts is a good bet for 4th line duty...now do the rangers want lundmark playing center? cuz then you have three centers and no real top line center...in all likelyhood they're gonna get one via FA at some point (lundmark isn't ready for #1 center duty, if ever, and i'd rather the rangers use holik on the second line to help out guys like balej) now what if lundmark plays wing (probably a better idea IMO) then you got a top line spot open (likely going to a FA signing) and a 3rd line spot open for either helminen or moore, not both. a lot depends on camp but i think moore has a slightly better shot at it...i think helminen is gonna need a year in hartford

and labarbera won't really be a fixture on the team...i think he might get backup duty if he's lucky (kinda depends on what's going on in hartford with blackburn) but that's not really a "fixture" IMO

the big ones will be balej and tjutin...kondratiev and murray will likely be in there as well with betts thrown in there. after that it gets dicey and is totally up in the air as to who will be on the team and who won't.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
the last official word on blackburn we've heard is that he may not even be ready for the start of next season...they said he might not be ready until december, still rehabbing the shoulder that had a nerve problem...lost a lot of muscle in that arm cuz he wasn't able to use it for half a year or so. pretty crappy injury that seems to have been corrected...but we don't have a ton of info. i think he'll be back though, he's supposed to have attended a commercial goalie camp put on by the allaire brothers last weekend (dunno how long it goes) so we might hear some word soon on how he did or if he was even a really active participant with his shoulder.

btw, beniot allaire is the guy the rangers just hired as a goalie coach...finally the rangers have a goalie coach!!! :yo:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Fleury14 said:
If Gamache has a shot, then presumably Haydar does as well?

Haydar plays right wing...so his chances are greatly decreased. He's lower on the chart than Segal and Pivko. Gamache can play center..which we're desperately thin on...and also impressed everyone when called up this year(his goal sparked the turning point of the comeback win over the Avs).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad