Proposal: Which young goalie would you take?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If we get a veteran like MAF then I say swing for a home run rather than a base hit: go with the ones with the biggest longterm potential. That shortlist includes one of the listed options: Saros.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If we get a veteran like MAF then I say swing for a home run rather than a base hit: go with the ones with the biggest longterm potential. That shortlist includes one of the listed options: Saros.

Problem is Saros just isn't available. He's only 22 and played better than Rinne every chance he got all year.

green lantern

Jun 4, 2012
sector 2814
folks I never implied any of those guys would be taken in the expansion draft, I implied Vegas may trade for one of those goalies and still might despite a very respectable tandem of Fleury and Pickard.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Well, we did end up with one of the five options.

Not really, because it seems they don't want to sign him.
They should at least offer Berube a cheap 2-way contract to prove himself in the AHL after the drama he suffered with his former team.
I would prefer Berube over Patera.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Not really, because it seems they don't want to sign him.
They should at least offer Berube a cheap 2-way contract to prove himself in the AHL after the drama he suffered with his former team.
I would prefer Berube over Patera.

Not sure why you're bringing up Patera as there's not a chance McPhee is even thinking about putting him in the AHL yet. Maybe in 2-3 years but it would be ridiculous to even consider putting an 18yo goalie in there like Patera. Berube is a very good AHL option and would be what the Chicago Wolves would want as the starter.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Not sure why you're bringing up Patera as there's not a chance McPhee is even thinking about putting him in the AHL yet. Maybe in 2-3 years but it would be ridiculous to even consider putting an 18yo goalie in there like Patera. Berube is a very good AHL option and would be what the Chicago Wolves would want as the starter.

I didn't mean that Patera should play in the AHL now. But Patera was definitely McPhee's boy and Berube seems not, we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad