Which trade made your jaw drop more?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Peter Forsberg is my favorite player ever. I bought a Forsberg Preds jersey immediately after that trade, even knowing he'd only play a dozen or so games with the team, because it's not every day your favorite player and a first-ballot HoF player gets traded to your team. That said, there had been rumors around it for weeks so while it was huge and awesome, it wasn't surprising. It made me happy; it didn't make my jaw drop.

Subban/Weber, on the other hand, completely blind-sided me. I firmly believed Weber was going to play out his entire career with Nashville.

Exactly. I thought whoever tweeted out that first tweet had their account hacked at first.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The Forsberg trade happened before I was really paying any real attention to the Preds (outside of Kimmo Timonen, anyways - he might be to blame for my continuing obsessions with blueliners), and it made me sit up and take notice - which led to my taking a close interest in the Balsillie madness that followed shortly thereafter, and ultimately adding the Preds as my #2 team. So it's pretty significant to me.

That said, the Subban-for-Weber trade came absolutely out of nowhere, so I'd have to say it surprised me more, and that's the premise of the poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad