Which top draft eligible D is the better prospect? (excluding Dahlin)

Best prospect? Which one would you rather draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Curious to know how much of a consensus there is (if there is actually one in the first place).

Feel free to rank them in order in a post.

Edit: Oups was meant for the poll section, still suited here though, I would actually prefer to engage a discussion here, but feel free to move the thread.

Last edited:

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Hughes
Bouchard
Dobson
Boqvist
smith
Can't decide who goes 3rd, they are all tied. 2nd for me is hughes easily though.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Quinn Hughes

He probably has the worst shot of this entire group but he is the best skater, and he is a 1 man break out machine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peeps

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Bouchard just doesn't make mistakes. Always makes the right play and is just money everytime he steps on the ice.

If you mean he doesn’t make mistakes when he just stands and watches plays develop around him, sure.

Reactions: Andrei79

Sheik Yerbouti

Sep 12, 2008
I have zero clue but as a Canuck fan we'll probably have a top 5 pick and are desperate for defense so it will be really interesting to see how this all unfolds.

There doesn't seem to be any clear standouts after Dahlin so a lot of pressure is going to be on drafting departments to pick the right guy.

If I was forced to choose I'd go with Boqvist because of his age. As one of the youngest players in the draft it's much easier for his peers to look good while he is almost a year younger than a guy like Hughes. At that age a year can make a huge difference.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
I've been flip flopping a lot on this in the past few weeks and it's definitely a big area of interest. Right now I have it

Hughes
Boqvist
Bouchard
Dobson
Smith

But I've had each of those first 3 guys in the #1 spot. Really interested to see how it plays out come draft day

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad