Oct 13, 2004
Chaos said:
Edmonton- Abilene
Montreal- Midland
Ottawa- Killeen
Calgary- Laredo
Vancouver- San Angelo
Toronto- Odessa

Bonus points to whoever can tell me what all those cities have in common(besides all being in Texas :D )

They all have minor league hockey teams.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Matt Foley said:
All I can say is that would one heck of a rivalry in the Permian Basin. That would keep the Midland / Odessa rivalry going well after high school football season has ended. ;)

Thats the plan....gotta give those people something to do in the Spring :D

Old Hickory

The Iconoclast said:
3. Anaheim... eighth worst attendence. Should be a natural rival for Los Angeles, but that hasn't developed.
When's the last time you went to a Kings/Ducks game? The Ducks and Kings are each other's biggest rivals

Last edited by a moderator:

NewBreed19

Most of these posts on contraction will never come true. We are not the owners of these teams and have no idea of the owners incomes or backings from their pocket. The owners will decide whether they will sell their team or re-locate not us.I have a hard time believing that banks and Ellman& co pushed so hard to get their areana built , only to up and sell the Coyotes and re-locate them. As for bad moves that this franchise has made; every other team has made just as many. The flyers trading Burke for Comrie, wasn't exactly in the Flyers favor. The yotes so called bad deal to trade Gratton& Vaananen for Morris & Ballard. Yes the Savage deal was bad and so was the Boucher deal! Mike Barrnett has turned it around in this past off-season. He brought in Ricci,Hull,O'Donnell,etc. They are trying hard to bring this frachise to respectability. The yotes do not have the worst attendence in the league and if they ever have the chance to ice the team they put together, the fans will come back. :)

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
NewBreed19 said:
Most of these posts on contraction will never come true. We are not the owners of these teams and have no idea of the owners incomes or backings from their pocket. The owners will decide whether they will sell their team or re-locate not us.I have a hard time believing that banks and Ellman& co pushed so hard to get their areana built , only to up and sell the Coyotes and re-locate them. As for bad moves that this franchise has made; every other team has made just as many. The flyers trading Burke for Comrie, wasn't exactly in the Flyers favor. The yotes so called bad deal to trade Gratton& Vaananen for Morris & Ballard. Yes the Savage deal was bad and so was the Boucher deal! Mike Barrnett has turned it around in this past off-season. He brought in Ricci,Hull,O'Donnell,etc. They are trying hard to bring this frachise to respectability. The yotes do not have the worst attendence in the league and if they ever have the chance to ice the team they put together, the fans will come back. :)

I personally feel that any team dealing Mike Comrie away will always end up feeling like a winner. ;)

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
muddycreek said:
Sounds like everyone is afraid of Nashville! Hey hocky snobs...ya skeert to come to Nashville? How about CONTRACTING the top five or six payroll teams! Detroit first so we can listen to their hockey snobs cry and whine along with the thug players they have! :handclap:
...Isnt there a rule against resurrecting old posts?

GodZillaAteMyZamboni

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
kingsjohn said:
Try looking at more than 1 year, also sort by PCT , which is % of capacity
People always try to use % capacity like it matters. It means absolutely nothing unless you sell out. If you don't sell out, all it means is this:

Team A:
Arena capacity=20,000
Avg attendance=15,000
% capacity=75%

Team B:
(Smaller building)
Arena capacity=18,000
Avg attendance=15,000
% capacity=83.3%

Same number of paying fans, different % capacity. Percent capacity means squat when there's 3,000-5,000 empty seats every night. Except maybe that team A has to lease 2,000 extra empty seats every game.

GodZillaAteMyZamboni

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
Chaos said:
Edmonton- Abilene
Montreal- Midland
Ottawa- Killeen
Calgary- Laredo
Vancouver- San Angelo
Toronto- Odessa

Bonus points to whoever can tell me what all those cities have in common(besides all being in Texas :D )
They'd have to clear the tumbleweeds from the ice between periods?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
NJD Jester said:
Can you explain to me how the New York Islanders are not on either of these lists? And don't give me the "history" B.S. -- the Penguins' run is a hell of a lot more recent than the Trottier/Bossy/Potvin years.

as we saw in baseball, a league can't force teams to contract.They can make an offer to pay the owners and then contract a team but the owner has to agree.

If Wang's unable to get his Lighthouse project,the isles are in trouble imo but so long as Wang thinks he's going to get this major development deal and the arena land...there is no way he's agreeing to contract the isles.

Isles ended the season with the 6th highest tix prices.By July 2006 they will be out from under 3 of the 4 highest salaries on the team and will likely save $15m from the highest remaining salary (Yashin's),with a rollback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad