Speculation: Which teams are legitimately looking for defensive help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I was wondering this after all these moves etc....which teams would we say are looking to add a defenseman? Most specifically of the top 2-4 defenseman variety.

I think Boston, Colorado and Toronto come to mind as teams looking for defenseman although Colorado likely wants to figure out it's situation with Barrie first.

Any other team been rumoured to be hunting for help on the back end?

EDM
DET
TOR
COL
BOS

Who is available?

Shattenkirk
Fowler(?)
Trouba(?)
Brodin
Dumba(?)
Demers (UFA)
Hamhuis (UFA)
Russell (UFA)

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Buffalo? Not many teams say that they are looking for bottom pairing Dmen. That's just what they end up with.

I would guess that EDM would get another Dman in FA. Can't see them giving up more forward talent.

Maybe FLA and ARI? BOS for sure.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Toronto for certain. They have Rielly and Gardiner, plus a wild card in Zaitsev who may or may not turn out to be one. They most likely need 2 of them.

Plus they need centres, and wingers.... :laugh:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Any chance you guys can confirm if it's media or from an insider your team is persuing a defensman? I know some fans would like but just want a sense of if a team is legitimately pursuing something.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would think that the Wild are willing to move a top 4 Dman/Dumba for top 6 forward help.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Toronto for certain. They have Rielly and Gardiner, plus a wild card in Zaitsev who may or may not turn out to be one. They most likely need 2 of them.

nope. Don't really need wingers at this moment either.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

The last thing Toronto needs is a C or a W...

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Any chance you guys can confirm if it's media or from an insider your team is persuing a defensman? I know some fans would like but just want a sense of if a team is legitimately pursuing something.

Pretty sure that Tim Murray is on record recently saying that he would like a LHD.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Teams looking for good defensemen: Boston, Buffalo, Chicago (must be cheap), Dallas, Detroit, Edmonton, Florida, maybe New Jersey now, NY Rangers should be, Toronto.

Teams who have a good defenseman expendable: maybe Anaheim, maybe Minnesota.

Top 5 UFA defensemen according to TSN: Jason Demers, Brian Campbell, Kris Russell, Dan Hamhuis, Luke Schenn.

Clearly, there are not enough good defensemen in the league.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Buffalo? Not many teams say that they are looking for bottom pairing Dmen. That's just what they end up with.

I would guess that EDM would get another Dman in FA. Can't see them giving up more forward talent.

Maybe FLA and ARI? BOS for sure.

Buffalo definitely is...but I get the impression they'll wait until the expansion draft. They have to protect Bogosian and will protect Ristolainen and McCabe. If they time it right they don't have to expose a young guy with the upside McCabe has. Bring in another guy to protect and lose one for nothing...which leaves you exactly where you started. So that makes no sense.

They're in a holding pattern until after the expansion draft unless it's bottom depth guys

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The shorter list might be who is not looking for defensive help.
D-Men are like gold..

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Pretty sure Edmonton has done their only big trade. I can't see us parting with RNH now.

Jason Demers would be a good addition to play with Sekera

FightingIrish17

Jun 13, 2013
I would imagine Edmonton is still looking for another top 4 D. But since the Larsson trade, they're no longer desperate (giving every other team leverage in deals). So I'm assuming Demers, a fair value trade, or no new additions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad