Which team you dont want/want Crosby to go?( for the health of the NHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
Teams i dont want him to go ( do not list team you dont like.I hate the leafs exemple, but i wont list Toronto because it can be good for the Nhl to have him land there.( in no specific order)

1-Nashville
2-Carolina
3-Florida
4-Buffalo
5-Minnesota
6-Columbus
7-StLouis
8-Phoenix

If Crosby land in one of these organisation, i think ill stop watching NHL :madfire:

-----------------------------------

Teams id LOVE to see him him go(in no specific order)

1-Montreal :)
2-Boston ( woaaaa Habs fan would be very happy! ;) )
3-Atlanta ( imagine Healtley-Kovalchuk-Corsby.....woa )
4-Rangers ( NY need to rebuild and it can be good for the NHL)
5-Ottawa
6-Tampa Bay
7-Toronto ( tho that he will not fit cause all players there are 35 years old and older ;) )
8-Calgary ( hmmm Ignila + Crosby )
9-Vancouver
10-Detroit

Discuss ;)

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Its about time a thread like this popped up. There obviously has not been enough discussion on this topic in other threads

silver_made*

Crosby should go to: Carolina

if all 30 franchises are to survive, he has got to go to the bottom of the barrel. if for no other reason, i'd love to see how pissed hockey fans would get if their golden boy went to the clippers of the nhl.

Skroob*

silver_made said:
Crosby should go to: Carolina

if all 30 franchises are to survive, he has got to go to the bottom of the barrel. if for no other reason, i'd love to see how pissed hockey fans would get if their golden boy went to the clippers of the nhl.

but at least the Clippers have the *potential* to be huge, as they are in a large media market that cares about its respective sport.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I think Crosby should go to Rangers, Chicago or Kings. As much I'd hate to see Crosby go to Ducks rival like Kings, it's good for the league to get visibility in the big markets.

Canadian teams will have just as much coverage whether Crosby plays there or not so they are the worst possible destinations for him.

silver_made*

Skroob said:
but at least the Clippers have the *potential* to be huge, as they are in a large media market that cares about its respective sport.

i'm not going to digress into nba talk, but believe me, no one in socal cares about the 'clip'

Skroob*

silver_made said:
i'm not going to digress into nba talk, but believe me, no one in socal cares about the 'clip'

but the do care about basketball, so i would think that if they did become a good team with a star payer, their fanbase would take off, but you would know better than I, so i'll leave it at that.

I just dont know how many fans even a good 'canes team could actually pull.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Anywhere in Canada. The NHL is not at a loss for fans there. To maximize the Crosby factor, he needs to go to a city in the US; hopefully, a large market team

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
1-Toronto
2-NYR
3-Washington
4-Buffalo
5-Pittsburgh
6-New Jersey
7-Florida
8-Phoenix

cdnhky1

May 16, 2002
Visit site
I hope Crosby goes to:

1) Toronto
2) Montreal
3) Ottawa
4) Edmonton
5) Calgary
6) Vancouver
7) Detroit
8) Philadelphia

I hope he doesn't go to any southern US team who has a small group of die hard fans and a lot of people who don't care about hockey now and who never will. I hope Crosby plays anywhere in Canada or in an American city in the Eastern time zone where true hockey fans who are already passionate about hockey will get to enjoy watching him play.

Bud The Spud*

I'd just really like to see him end up on a Canadian team, preferably les Canadiens. :D

silver_made*

my criteria: 24 of the 30 nhl franchises are in the lower 48, the sport lives and dies on the US dollar and US support, so he must be in a US market. Period.

of those US teams, he must be in large AND glitzky market (i.e. almost anyone can make an argument for each US nhl city being a large market, so we'll narrow it to the melting pot/glitzky/internationally recognized/primate cities).

of THOSE markets, he should go to a team that actually needs help. he has to be the focal point.

the list is small:

Chicago
Los Angeles
Florida

Last edited by a moderator:

GunchReport

Jul 15, 2005
Minnesota
I agree

Any Canadien team!

1. Edmonton
2. Montreal
3. Vancouver
4. Calgary
5. Toronto
6. Ottawa

and I'll throw Minnesota in there, just because im a homer!

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
i'd like to see him end up with a northern US team or any team in canada.

reward strong market fans instead of spitting in their faces for a change.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Places I DON’T want Crosby to go:
#1 Los Angeles
#2 Anaheim

99.9% of people in Southern California are unaware that the NHL cancelled a season, so Crosby will do nothing to increase awareness. The majority of fans in So Cal only care about the teams that win. If Crosby doesn’t come in and score 5 goals a night and his team doesn’t win, no one will care. There’s too much pressure on a kid here and not enough fan support. He’ll be absolute wasted and ruined.

#3 New York Rangers
#4 Nashville
#5 Phoenix
#6 Carolina
#7 Atlanta
#8 Dallas
#9 Florida
#10 Tampa Bay

The best bet for the NHL and Crosby’s development would be a hockey city, preferably in the US, and with a solid group of player’s around him that can help him develop and take some of the pressure off. No matter if it's a big market/small market, if Crosby becomes "The Great One" he'll help ticket sales/tv ratings for all teams. If he flops because he's forced to carry a team on his back, the whole league is screwed.

My top picks for where Crosby SHOULD go:

#1 Columbus - not to be a homer, but it's a solid young franchise. Columbus is not a major market, but if you consider all of Ohio and it's within 6 hours of Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, it has considerable potential market.

#2 Chicago - a major hockey town in need of a star. Crosby will get enough attention, but hopefully not as much pressure since anything will be an improvement over recent Blackhawk teams.

#3 Buffalo - another team that needs a superstar. Close enough to Canada, but also close enough to New York City to convert Ranger fans to Sabre fans.

Boston, New Jersey and Pittsburgh would be other good places for Crosby.

Last edited:

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
Places I don't want Crosby to end Up---

Any Canadian city....Face it, the growth and survival of the NHL depends on how well the game does in the US cities. The Canadian fan really means nothing in regard to the ultimate growth of the NHL---they will always be there for their sport...And besides, if the views on here are any indication, in 4 years when CBA talks are re-opened, many canadian fans will probably just view as Crosby as another spoiled, greedy ******* like the rest of the players...:)...Just kidding..

Th best places for his arrival are New York, New Jersey, Philly, Chicago, Detroit and LA, COlorado and St. Louis..

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
DON'T want SC to go to.....
1> Toronto
2> Detroit
I could live with him going anywhere else. My top picks would be

1> Calgary
2> Ottawa
3> Edmonton
4> Vancouver
5> Montreal
6> Minnesota

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I don't give a **** where he ends up.

It's not going to make any difference if, as I suspect, he is not a notch above other elite talents.

It's not going to make any difference if he is the special kid that hype-buyers think he is because special players who are above everybody will shine in the stinkiest hole and will be marketed league-wide.

If he's your usual hockey player, who cares? If he's your usual star, he will get to shine in league-wide events like All-Star games, get the odd hardware here and there and be promoted like other stars in this league. If he is the savior that the Crosby worshiper think he is, he'll save the league wherever he ends up, be in the record books and be an inspiration the way greats like Gretzky, Mario are.

Why do so many people think the future of this league depends on one player, or on one market anyway? It's naive bull**** from uncreative people. They've got to push the whole league forward. Using the "big market" and the supposedly future big player as crutches is far from the only way to accomplish that.

And just to be contrarian, if I was buying in those crappy, childish conspiracies and ulterior motives, I'd say "the league" (whatever the **** that means, since the league is basically 30 owners in a partnership) would probably want Crosby in a Western market. Because if he ends up in the Eastern conference, that's 10 western conference per year that "Crosby the savior" isn't exposed to and I think the Western Conference has newer markets that still need to gain ground. Also, the Eastern Conference has the lion's share of young superstars and prospects/players with interesting potential, IMO.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't give a **** where he ends up.

It's not going to make any difference if, as I suspect, he is not a notch above other elite talents.

It's not going to make any difference if he is the special kid that hype-buyers think he is because special players who are above everybody will shine in the stinkiest hole and will be marketed league-wide.

If he's your usual hockey player, who cares? If he's your usual star, he will get to shine in league-wide events like All-Star games, get the odd hardware here and there and be promoted like other stars in this league. If he is the savior that the Crosby worshiper think he is, he'll save the league wherever he ends up, be in the record books and be an inspiration the way greats like Gretzky, Mario are.

Why do so many people think the future of this league depends on one player, or on one market anyway? It's naive bull**** from uncreative people. They've got to push the whole league forward. Using the "big market" and the supposedly future big player as crutches is far from the only way to accomplish that.

And just to be contrarian, if I was buying in those crappy, childish conspiracies and ulterior motives, I'd say "the league" (whatever the **** that means, since the league is basically 30 owners in a partnership) would probably want Crosby in a Western market. Because if he ends up in the Eastern conference, that's 10 western conference per year that "Crosby the savior" isn't exposed to and I think the Western Conference has newer markets that still need to gain ground. Also, the Eastern Conference has the lion's share of young superstars and prospects/players with interesting potential, IMO.

:clap: :teach: :bow:

Totally agree with everything there. Although I know it's not what many people want to hear.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I gotta agree Vlad, it seems pretty irrelevant to me, if Crobsy turns out great, he will create the market.

That said, I'd like to see him in Chicago, they have some nice young forwards (not to mention a nice looking young defense) Ruutu, Bell, Arnason, Calder....sweeet.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
For the HEALTH of the NHL? I would like to see him with:

(in order)
1) New York Rangers
2) Los Angeles Kings
3) Chicago Blackhawks
4) Philadelphia Flyers (I hate saying that though)
5) Dallas Stars/Toronto Maple Leafs

the teams that would be the worst for the NHL
(in order)

1) Ottawa Senators
2) Calgary Flames
3) Edmonton Oilers
4) Carolina Hurricanes
5) Nashville Predators/Buffalo Sabres

Obviously the sport is sold in Canada, add that in with "small market" Canada with very little media coverage, thats why I said #2 and #3. Ottawa doesnt have the NHL history with the Senators as Oilers and Flames, and with a population not too much bigger, they got my vote for worst. Raleigh is just too small of a city with less hope of promoting Crosby. Preds and Sabres were my final cities for no particular reason other than they are smaller towns compared to the rest of the U.S.

Comments on my picks?

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
JacketsFanWest said:
Places I DON’T want Crosby to go:
#1 Los Angeles
#2 Anaheim

99.9% of people in Southern California are unaware that the NHL cancelled a season, so Crosby will do nothing to increase awareness.

your kidding, right? Of course that statistic is far from true, but let say it was even 75% (which is still a benefit of the doubt)-have you ever been here? Jackets fan WEST-does that mean you live in So Cal? That other 25% is still 3x as many people who live in Columbus, and that would be assumming 100% of Columbus cared which everyone on this board knows is so so far from true.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
JacketsFanWest said:
#3 New York Rangers
#4 Nashville
#5 Phoenix
#6 Carolina
#7 Atlanta
#8 Dallas
#9 Florida
#10 Tampa Bay

The best bet for the NHL and Crosby’s development would be a hockey city, preferably in the US, and with a solid group of player’s around him that can help him develop and take some of the pressure off. No matter if it's a big market/small market, if Crosby becomes "The Great One" he'll help ticket sales/tv ratings for all teams. If he flops because he's forced to carry a team on his back, the whole league is screwed.

My top picks for where Crosby SHOULD go:

#1 Columbus - not to be a homer, but it's a solid young franchise. Columbus is not a major market, but if you consider all of Ohio and it's within 6 hours of Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh, it has considerable potential market.

#2 Chicago - a major hockey town in need of a star. Crosby will get enough attention, but hopefully not as much pressure since anything will be an improvement over recent Blackhawk teams.

#3 Buffalo - another team that needs a superstar. Close enough to Canada, but also close enough to New York City to convert Ranger fans to Sabre fans.

Boston, New Jersey and Pittsburgh would be other good places for Crosby.

Sounds like you just assume that where the weather is colder is better for the NHL and Crosby, with the exception of New York....but he would be perfect there, as I am sure Bettman, Daly, Campbell, etc hope he ends up.

KH1

JacketsFanWest said:

...you are aware that Buffalo is a 6-7 hour drive from New York City, right?

Where should Crosby end up? To whoever wins the lottery legitimately. Like Vlad said, he's a great player, not an iconic one (of course I could always be wrong.) The Lebron example holds up. If he is really as good as we all think he is then he will turn Nashville or Pheonix into a hockey town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->