Which team is currently the Leafs biggest rival?

Which team is currently the Leafs biggest rival?

• Total voters

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Rivalries with the Habs and Sens have faded, and the Sabres and Jets have never been rivals. It’s cleary the Bruins.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
It's going to be Boston if that's who we face in the first round.

But we don't have a real rivalry right now but I suspect we're about to develop one with the Bruins.

I would hate to lose to them but would love to beat them.

Tampa I could see too I guess, but I don't think we'd get the full on hatred, in fact probably more respect whoever wins or loses but with Boston you know what we're getting if the Leafs lose and it won't feel nice at all and if we win they won't give kudos our way.

So I can already tell there's a potential bitter rivalry Bruins vs. Leafs coming up but only if we end up getting them 1st round. We might get Tampa.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Probably the worst in the NHL. Mix arrogance, ignorance and a whole lot of "fan when they are winning" attitude, and you have the Bruins fan base. They've had some good management and good teams, the fans have always been a disgrace though.
yeah definitely the worst. That's not to say there aren't good Bruins fans because there definitely are, but there's no worse fanbase in the league than Boston's

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Probably the worst in the NHL. Mix arrogance, ignorance and a whole lot of "fan when they are winning" attitude, and you have the Bruins fan base. They've had some good management and good teams, the fans have always been a disgrace though.

yeah definitely the worst. That's not to say there aren't good Bruins fans because there definitely are, but there's no worse fanbase in the league than Boston's
I find some Boston sports fans can be hard to stomach because a lot of their teams have won championships the past decade. So that includes the Bruins, Red Sox's, Celtics and Patriots. So I'm happy whenever any of their teams lose in general.

I remember when the Blue Jays made the 2016 American League Championship Series I wanted the Red Sox's against to lose against the Indians because I could not stand the hype around David Ortiz since he was going to retire and everything that came with that, so I was happy when they got eliminated.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
No one.
It can change fast

For the moment it is the B's, but the core is aging, and the Nash/Gionta/Wingels moves all speak to making a run.
Anyone we would have to face in the playoffs. Personally I still get up for the Habs/Sens-but with their failure the polish is off.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't know how the team feels but I really hate Boston fans.
The only time this season when I felt that way was after the Leafs lost to them for the first time in 2 seasons. Some of the Bruins fans were talking about how the Bergeron line had shut down the Matthews line and they would be no match for them in the playoffs. Like I just said it was the first time the Bruins defeated the Leafs in almost 2 seasons and it was like they just eliminated the Leafs from the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad