Which team has the best off-season so far

Which is team has improved the most as of today

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I don’t even think Montreal should be on here. They got fleeced on the Domi trade and then signed Andersson to a terrible contract. Toffoli was a good move but they’re not poised to be a contender.

I like Buffalos summer but I question if it’s enough to make a serious change. Even if they get to the playoffs can they win a round? My gut tells me no.

Jersey made some savy moves but adding more middling players I don’t think will help them, especially not next year in the blood bath of the metro.

Calgary also still looks to be mediocre. They downgraded to Tanev and overpaid Markstrom (just look at the Lehner contract)

I think the teams that will improve the most are ones who just needed another year of development, and not big FA signings like the Rangers, Flyers and Avs. Also think Vancouver should take a step forward (even if I do think Schmidt is getting overrated like hell in that trade thread)

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Oilers adding: Pulju, Turris, Barrie, and re-signing Ennis after a decent short stint should be an option.

Voted Buffalo. Canadiens would have been my second option based on the list.

Reactions: AddyTheWrath

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Toronto addressed a lot of their needs NGL. The thing is, they still have glaring issues that these moves aren't nessasrily going to resolve.

Vegas landed the biggest fish, but I wanna wait to see what happens with MAF

I actually think Calgary had an overrated off-season. Tanev and Brodie are in the same tier but Tanev is injury prone. Markstrom had a great season but need to see more of to justify the deal for me.

Montreal to me was ok but Idk what they see in Anderson to justify the trade or the contract

Colorado will win for me if they get a goalie. If they go into this season with grubauer and Franciouz they're crazy

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Some strange options here. But I’ll say Buffalo made the most impactful changes. Most of the others look like fairly neutral imo. I think most fans over estimate the impact of FA signings and underestimate the value of the players they lost.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
When you include that NJ had three first round picks, and the insanity of acquiring the talents they have without moving a single roster player - Id say theyve had the best off-season thus far

Though the question doesnt seem to include drafts

Pucklington

Expat in Germany.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
I wasn't impressed by Toronto. Brodie is decent, but Toronto's problems run deeper. I don't think they had a very good free agency.

I really am not a huge fan of Saad anymore. Not sure he's with his cap hit.

Can't argue with Buffalo.

Overall I think this wasn't a complete poll.

Reactions: Redwingsfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad