Which team are you rooting for?

Jeffsrig

Jan 27, 2015
Innisfail
My preferences evolve over time based on things like dirty hits and obnoxious posters on HFBoards.

The only team that I don't want to see win is San Jose. Unless they win it without Joe Thornton playing at all, which would be hilarious and make me really happy.

images

Reactions: Instant

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
My preferences evolve over time based on things like dirty hits and obnoxious posters on HFBoards.

The only team that I don't want to see win is San Jose. Unless they win it without Joe Thornton playing at all, which would be hilarious and make me really happy.

Thornton would still get his name on the Cup and he would still get credit; they wouldn't have been in a playoff spot and they wouldn't have made the trade for Evander Kane if Thornton didn't play all season.

Probably whichever team survives the L.A vs L.V series because it's been the best by a fair margin.

That series has been extremely boring.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Jets

Nashville
Caps (OV), rest of the East can f*** off.

Avs

All teams that aren't those 4 can go kick rocks. Want Bos to beat Toronto (preferably in a sweep), Tampa to come out of the East if the Caps don't.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Man. Cease...Cease to exist

To "seize" -> ...Matthews will not seize a game in this series.

To "cease" -> The Leafs playoff hopes will cease to exist after the next game
Oh ok I think I get it. Let me try it out in a sentence or two.

Seize-> The oilers will seize another lottery win and fail to make the playoffs yet again, and they will further justify how building through the draft doesn't always work.

Cease -> the oilers playoff hopes ceased to exist after the first month of the season.

There I think I got it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Jets
Bruins
Lightning
Preds
Devils
Penguins
Caps
Knights
Blue Jackets
Ducks
Flyers
Avs
Kings
Wild
Sharks

Leafs

The Roy Of Ottawa

HOCKEY HALL OF FAME
Oct 4, 2017
I'm rooting for the teams that don't have ugly logos and uniforms.

The ugly ones: Minnesota Wild, Nashville Predators.

Final 4

Winnipeg vs. Vegas
Washington vs. Tampa Bay

Crow

May 19, 2014
Winnipeg
Nashville
Vegas
San Jose
Tampa
Philly
LA
New Jersey
Columbus
Washington
Toronto
Colorado
Minnesota
Boston
Pittsburgh
Anaheim

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
This is kinda complicated.
I can't really ever cheer for the Leafs. However, the deeper they go this year the better it is for Ottawa, because Ottawa media (and some fans) have a complex v. Toronto. So hopefully they get to the Conference finals so we do a huge blow-up and an actual rebuild.
I like the Wild and don't really care about the Jets, so go Wild.
I'd like Tampa to crush Devils because I've been hearing about Hall non-stop and if they lose in 4-5, well...it will prove that he isn't ready for the playoffs.
I want Philly to beat Pittsburgh for the sanctity of hockey.
I want Washington to beat Columbus so that media bandwagoners stop picking Columbus based on regular season.
I want Ducks to lose because a friend is a Ducks fan.
I want Kings to win because I'm sick of Vegas. Also, fine Merlot, brah.
Soft spot for Colorado but I want NSH to win because Romie picked Nashville and he's usually on the ball here.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Oh ok I think I get it. Let me try it out in a sentence or two.

Seize-> The oilers will seize another lottery win and fail to make the playoffs yet again, and they will further justify how building through the draft doesn't always work.

Cease -> the oilers playoff hopes ceased to exist after the first month of the season.

There I think I got it.

No, our playoff hopes ceased after November. We won't get a first overall, don't get my hopes up!!!

Congrats though, you got an extra week of hockey

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017

Not saying you shouldn't go there, but it always amazes when i see the opinions of completely anonymous message board strangers impacting somebodies preferences.
I wonder how often people allow that to happen.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I'll root for whichever team has not won a cup yet. Provided they weren't the team to eliminate my sharks. Then I will root against them the whole way. I'm petty like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad