Which rookies look like a lock to have a roster spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
Lock : Christian Ehrhoff

Having amazing camp: Milan Michalek

Having good camp: Marcel Goc

Stats dont show it but he was good: Steve Bernier

Suprise: Once again Josh Gorges
I'd love to know who your source is.

Christian Ehrhoff has been amazing, but how do you know that he is a lock? Lock means 100%. I'd say he's more at a 90%. There's still a chance Preissing might squeeze in.

Milan having an amazing camp is an overstatement. Don't get me wrong, he's been impressive and damn good...but I'd say very good over amazing. I'd put his chances around 60-70%.

I agree with you on Marcel, but he's destined for Cleveland, thus not a lock.

You couldn't be more wrong about Bernier. Again, I'd like to know who your source is. Bernier went from terrible to average, showing flashes of brilliance here and there. When he decides to turn it on, he'll throw a big check, launch a crazy wrister, or display his extremely soft hands. Unforunately, he wasn't always playing "on," most of the time.

I do agree with you in regards to Gorges. He played well, and I'm not so sure it was a surprise. We fans expected him to "show up."

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
For the Kings:

Cammy was a lock, until he went down with an injury.

Grebs and Aulin were 50/50, until each went down with injuries (nothing serious for Grebs).

Tim Gleason might still make the team (unless he goes down with an injury also).

God, we're getting off to a good start. :rolleyes:

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
I think that Grebshkov and Pirnes will make the club for the Kings. I think that this will be the year for the D rooks. Mont has two all star caliber young d men that are going to be very good and might have solid first years as do the Kings. There are two or three other young D around the league that should start their NHL careers that look pretty special.

Kings, Pirness and Grebeshkov.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
For the Flyers right now it appears that Pitkanen & Vandermeer will play among the top 6.

Hitchcock has aslo stated that they will not keep a young defenseman with the team to be a 7th guy. Therefore Woywitka & Seidenberg will start the year with the Phantsoms.

Both are NHL ready, but 9 guys for 6 spots doesn't add up.

JasonMacIsaac

I'l update NJ's position. As of now Rupp, Berglund, and Hale will all get roster spots, Suglobov and Pihlman are putting pressure on them though.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
Another guy for the Wild who has had lots of praise headed upon him by both LeMaire and Riseborough is Dan Cavanaugh. Sounds like he may boot Chouinard and Hendrickson right out the door.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
Here's one I forgot about the Kings:

Dustin Brown is still in camp and impressing. But I think it's a little much to expect him to make the team with juniors eligibility still left. It's something the Kings don't like to do and I think this will be no different.

Blatny Spears

Feb 27, 2002
Toxostoma rufum
Visit site
Didn't notice anyone chiming in for Atlanta, so here goes:

Garnet Exelby is a lock to make the roster.

Tommi Santala has a very good shot at making the team.

Not sure if he is considered a rookie, but Kamil Piros has looked good in preseason and has a good shot at making it.

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
For the wings' it'd be a crime to not play Hudler this year. He's done nothing but impress.

Niklas Kronwall has made management give him a good look, especially considering he got a goal and an assist tonight against washington while taking the body with regularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad