Which prospects will make the NHL if a deal gets done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Wanvig? :lol

I can see Wallin, maybe Michalek or Reitz...but right now they are content on defense...

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Can Portland's roster play for the Caps?

A better question is which vets would still be around...

Eminger, Ouellet, Morrisson, Sutherby, Yonkman, Cutta, Gordon all will probably get some time in the NHL.

A few others if they keep improving/playing better (which isn't occuring in Portland)

Taxman

Dec 9, 2003
Visit site
Coburn will definitely be playing if a season happens this year. Waddell has said as much. And of course, Lehtonen will be playing too, as the #1 goalie. Valabik will need at least one more year of seasoning before he makes the jump.

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Since Vermette is still considered a prospect by HF standards, he'll be up in Ottawa when the season starts.
There'll be one more spot available on offence, look for Langfeld, Kelly and Bochenski to fight for it.
On defence Muckler has said Meszaros is NHL ready and we don't have a 7th defenseman but I expect he should finish the year with Vancouver which means Platil could get a shot.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Taxman said:
Coburn will definitely be playing if a season happens this year. Waddell has said as much. And of course, Lehtonen will be playing too, as the #1 goalie. Valabik will need at least one more year of seasoning before he makes the jump.

:lol :lol :lol

One more season before the NHL? Try about 4 or 5. He'll be in the OHL next year for sure and then MAYBE AHL for a few years. He might even play in the OHL as an overager :lol :lol

If he were in the NHL every single player including grinders would dance around him.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
DoobieDoobieDo said:
To be fair:

This was the flaw of the system, not Minnesota's fault.

I disagree. The fault is solely on the shoulders of Minnesota, because they should have taken into consideration the fact that LeMaire was going to be all over Bouchard and that PMB was not going to be able to do anything to impress the bench boss.

Bouchard should have remained in the QMJHL for at least another season. He needed to be brought along one level at a time. He's still not a bust, and I think he'll still be an effective second line centre, but I feel that there is still significant damage done by this error.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Doug MacLean also indicated taht Alex Picard would have had a shot to make the Blue Jackets had their not been a lockout. Picard has had a solid season, and I see nothing that has happened that would change that position. I actually would say that Picard would have a better chance at making it professionally right now because Picard is better suited to a role as a pure checking line player/grinder. Fritsche plays much better offensively and may be demoralized by a lack of production. Plus Picard has actually played most of this season while Fritsche's development over the course of the year has been impacted by his injuries.

Obviously Fritsche is the better prospect, I'm not trying to say he isn't. Just that in this situation, Picard may be a better fit.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
417 TO MTL said:
Daley and Miettinen are most likely, for sure in Ott's case, don't know about Ellis though, he could use more seasoning IMO

Someone has to back up Turco, and he already has NHL experience(albeit he only played 1 game last year).

thrashers=cup05

May 27, 2004
Corburn, Karl Stewert, Lehtonen, and if we cant get corburn Sipotz. Kovalchuk is not gonna play in northamerica this year.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Matt MacInnis said:
Doug MacLean also indicated taht Alex Picard would have had a shot to make the Blue Jackets had their not been a lockout. Picard has had a solid season, and I see nothing that has happened that would change that position. I actually would say that Picard would have a better chance at making it professionally right now because Picard is better suited to a role as a pure checking line player/grinder. Fritsche plays much better offensively and may be demoralized by a lack of production. Plus Picard has actually played most of this season while Fritsche's development over the course of the year has been impacted by his injuries.

Obviously Fritsche is the better prospect, I'm not trying to say he isn't. Just that in this situation, Picard may be a better fit.

I agree and hope your right if there is NHL this year (doubt it).
But would Columbus bring both of them up? They can afford to have a young lineup and have a bad 36 game season, CROSBY is the ticket to being bad this year. Although they'd only have 25% chance of getting him if they were last in league standings.

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site
The Maltais Falcon said:
Sipotz? Are you joking? Unless his game has improved dramatically in the past six months, he's a long-shot to ever make it to the NHL, let alone this year.
From what I've heard, it has improved dramatically.

Saw him in what, November, and played well. We'll see again this weekend. Surprising, yes. No way he makes the jump this year though, I agree with that.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
I disagree. The fault is solely on the shoulders of Minnesota, because they should have taken into consideration the fact that LeMaire was going to be all over Bouchard and that PMB was not going to be able to do anything to impress the bench boss.

Bouchard should have remained in the QMJHL for at least another season. He needed to be brought along one level at a time. He's still not a bust, and I think he'll still be an effective second line centre, but I feel that there is still significant damage done by this error.

I respect your opinion but I completely disagree with what you said.

Minnesota knew what they were doing. Bouchard, coming into the league, was a one-dimensional player. Minnesota knew that Lemaire was going to try and bring a defensive game to Bouchard. But he wasn't physical enough, so he had to ride the bench to study the games and defense along with trying to bulk up.

Bouchard played in the QMJHL for two years, in those two years he has amassed 235 points. 95 in his rookie season, 140 in his second season. He went from 38 goals, 57 assists to 46 goals and 94 assists. What else could he prove? The QMJHL isn't a defensive oriented league. Minnesota is a defensive team. You can grumble that Bouchard and Minnesota don't make a great team together and I can respect that and agree with that opinion.

BUT I can't agree with the fact that the CHL and the NHL isn't at fault for what happened to Bouchard. The fact of the matter is, he should have been placed in the AHL immediately but couldn't. He didn't have very much to prove in the QMJHL, except for scoring a bunch of goals and assists, which can also be determental for a player because he can get lazy.

So what option did the Wild have? Take the risk and let Bouchard get lazy and not develop? OR place him in the NHL and develop him slowly over a few years.

The Maltais Falcon

Jan 9, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Holly Gunning said:
From what I've heard, it has improved dramatically.

Saw him in what, November, and played well. We'll see again this weekend. Surprising, yes. No way he makes the jump this year though, I agree with that.
Glad to hear it. The Thrashers need some later-round pleasant surprises, ala Garnet Exelby, especially on the defensive side of things. How is Flache doing?

Habs4ever

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal, (Quebec)
Visit site
Its possible!!

Franz said:
Five rookies in the Habs-line-up??

as Habs have already let go Perrault, Dackell, Juneau, Quntal, Kovalev, Dowd, LANGDON, DYKHUIS from their roster spots this should atleast openup places for rookies.

Guys like Plekanec, Perezhogin, Hainsey, Hossa aren't too young either as they have all playing descent amount of games at AHL level and Higgins was two way player from get go and i'm sure after two AHL season he'll get his shot upcoming year to play on checking line for sure!!
And other then Kovalev not much loss in terms of talent as every other player was just fill in until Montreal rebuilding plan was completed and now it looks very promising!!

blah

Jun 24, 2003
Harper said:
Carter and Richards will be signed, but will be in the AHL for the beginning of the season. They will probably be injury call-ups.
If they sign them they'll be in the NHL, if not they'll stay in juniors.

DW

May 3, 2003
MN
Visit site
DoobieDoobieDo said:
Wanvig? :lol

I can see Wallin, maybe Michalek or Reitz...but right now they are content on defense...

I was referring to players of that ilk, as a reference, not saying which players would make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad