Which prospects will get the nod....

Status
Not open for further replies.

degroat*

guitaraholic said:
St.Louis has openings on the wing. Jon DiSalvatore seems to be a likely candidate to get a shot. Sejna as well of course. After that.... not much. Maybe, maybe John Pohl but who knows. Certainly no defenseman other than the 30 year old Andy "Let's smoke that" Roach stands a shot.

Blake Evans will probably get a shot at a lower line spot also.

Zakharov said months ago that he plans on being in the NHL next season, but I doubt it happens unless a) Pleau signs no one else and b) he really really tears up the preseason.

As for d-men, 210 said at one point that Byrne will probably be a mid-season call-up.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
For the Preds, the only player that will undoubtedly get the nod, barring injury or a dismal camp, is Libor Pivko. Upshall, Hutchinson, Gamache, Haydar, and Shishkanov will also likely seem some spot duty in the NHL unless they force themselves onto the roster.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
MOOSE55 said:
HF still considers Brown a prospect so he's a lock. I can see Grebeshov with full time duties by seasons end also. Flinn is enforcer by default so he's a lock (Brennen was traded). I agree with Clarke and Hogeboom, but I see them with minimal time because they will fight for spots with guys like Cammy,Barney (both are better players), as well as Kanko.

For some reason I see Kanko in Manchester for the majority of the year.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
The capitals....

Aulin
Johansson - had a really good training camp but im not sure he'll see alot of the nhl
Klepis
Gordon
Eminger
Morrisonn
Cutta - brief call ups
Yonkam - if he's healthy
Fussey - brief call ups
Laich
Ouellet

I'm not going to list Ovechkin b/c I dont see the point of bringing him over if a significant portion of the season is lost to the lock out...best thing would be to let him finish it out in the RSL

As the roster stands now, there are a ton of wholes and the capitals havent signed anyone to fill them so the only thing they can do is to use prospects

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
monster_bertuzzi said:
Id say Koltsov has a shot in hell at sticking as the #7 defenceman, or #6.

Perhaps...but the six are pretty much locked as we both know with Jovo, Ohlund, Sopel, Salo, Allen, and Malik. It will depend on I suppose if the team is always carrying seven, who that seventh man is. I'm not sure if they want to make sure Koltsov gets in as many games as possible (and would be in the AHL), or if they'll keep him around in the NHL and dress him for half the games to slowly break him in, sort of similar to Allen.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Kafka said:
With all the defensmen Calgary has and with the fact that Phaneuf will enter is first Pro season, I have difficulty to imagine him playing with the big club before February.
He can't play in the AHL next year, thats the only problem, Either he'll be back in the 'Dub, or Sutter will deal to make room for him. I'm not sure which way it will go, it may depend on money.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
The closest Sabres to making an opening day roster and playing a full season are probably Milan Bartovic and Paul Gaustad. Vanek too if signed. Outside of that Dan Paille, Ryan Miller, Jason Pominville and Doug Janik will almost certainly get brief looks and Chris Thorburn, Mike Ryan and Jiri Novotny might.

Fender

Jun 24, 2002
Stich said:
Blake Evans will probably get a shot at a lower line spot also.

Zakharov said months ago that he plans on being in the NHL next season, but I doubt it happens unless a) Pleau signs no one else and b) he really really tears up the preseason.

As for d-men, 210 said at one point that Byrne will probably be a mid-season call-up.

What about Shkotov? I thought that the Blues were high on him. Does he realistically have a shot? I figured that he would be higher on the depth chart than Zakharov.

degroat*

Fender said:
What about Shkotov? I thought that the Blues were high on him. Does he realistically have a shot? I figured that he would be higher on the depth chart than Zakharov.

They're both about the same spot on the depth chart... but to answer your question I'd say that Zakharov is closer to the NHL because his body is more ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad