Which players will cross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
It has been discussed here a couple of times. But mostly it seems that a number of fans think that the scabs will be all minor leaguers and 4th liners - marginal NHLers.

But I think there will be some big name players that cross. Older players like Steve Y., who want one more shot and the clock is ticking. Players who have 1 year left on a good sized contract (Tkachuk/Weight - not sure of others who would fall but other teams will have them). Regardless of potential new CBA, these players will never have a shot to make this years salary again.

In the end, it is all about the money. If you make 3 million here (even if you are used to 5 mill), it is far better then another year at 200K or 500 per week. Owners can look a little more long term then the plays can afford to.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Any player who needs the money will cross. If I'm stuck with a half million dollar mortgage, I'm going to play. A lot of younger players blow their first contract on stuff, so I would guess they're going to feel the pinch first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->