Which players are the most "popular" and loved?

Who are fan favourites around the league?

• Total voters

randomhockeyfan

Sep 23, 2016
I'm talking about guys that get a lot media coverage and give great quotes, who show personality in the interviews etc. Players who are fan favourites but not necessarily just for their play. Not talking about the likes of McDavid, Matthews and Crosby who have a personality of a rock.

Reactions: Jarey Curry

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yes all these players are fan favourites.

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
From this list, it is definitely Ovechkin especially when he was younger , he was most covered hockey player in the world with great and funny personality. He is the Magic Johnson of NHL. Nowadays, not so much but he still would be on top of my list, Subban close 2nd

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
From this list, it is definitely Ovechkin especially when he was younger , he was most covered hockey player in the world with great and funny personality. He is the Magic Johnson of NHL. Nowadays, not so much but he still would be on top of my list, Subban close 2nd

I think a lot of Bruins fans still don't like him due to the Montreal days

I have definitely come around to like him personally

Kessel seems the most liked to me, at least of that group, probably just because he seems like a regular human being and is relatable

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
I think a lot of Bruins fans still don't like him due to the Montreal days

I have definitely come around to like him personally

Kessel seems the most liked to me, at least of that group, probably just because he seems like a regular human being and is relatable
people hated kessel when he was on the leafs, #neverforget

Reactions: Nizdizzle

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Pretty god awful choices.
Why would you vote for two then? Take the last option, like you did and bring up other players. Way to many people vote in these polls, even when they're not sure of what the other players are doing.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Subban, Ovi, and Karlsson. Based on the NHL Personality videos and the very limited amount of players that did them, it's Karlsson, Seguin, Scheifele, and Skinner. I feel like I'm forgetting some from those too, but they all easily stood out to me. Never really hear anyone that hates those guys. Evgeni Malkin was hilarious in those videos too but I can't tell if he is actually funny or if his accent just makes some things come off as a joke or sound funny. Either way he seems like a cool guy

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
well who would you nominate

Maybe guys like Luongo, Johnny Hockey, Crosby (ok he's boring but he is the man)

Subban is a character I personally quite like him, most of the other guys up there are dry as sand.

Why would you vote for two then? Take the last option, like you did and bring up other players. Way to many people vote in these polls, even when they're not sure of what the other players are doing.

I voted for one, PK, the other option was "other".

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Maybe guys like Luongo, Johnny Hockey, Crosby (ok he's boring but he is the man)

Subban is a character I personally quite like him, most of the other guys up there are dry as sand.

I voted for one, PK, the other option was "other".
Still shows up you voted for Marner right now.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Barkov seems to be the most universally liked

I agree. Hes like this generation of Datsyuk in terms of fan love. No one has said anything bad about him, and he also says nothing for anyone to dislike him. Him and Datsyuk actually dont speak.

Reactions: Oseductive

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
From this list I went with Subban, Ovechkin and Burns. Pretty much well-liked across the board. Fun personalities.

Laine and Marner don’t have the extensive fan followings yet bc it’s early. Kessel is a bit reserved. Karlsson flies under the radar a bit being in Ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad