Which new PS4 title should I buy next?

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Hey guys, I have a decent balance of Dell.com (US) GCs, and I'm wondering what the best buys are on Dell right now. I often use them to pre-order PS4 games, as often the $60 games come with their own $25 GCs, plus a 5% Dell Advantage GC.

Any thoughts/ideas? What are some of Dell's hottest deals right now?

I'm open to buying electronics, accessories, perhaps a new laptop, etc, too.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - I'm buying some new PS4 titles. They are $60 and include $25 Dell gift cards and 5% cash back.

Last edited:

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
I'm going to get one of the following titles... any suggestions which to get first? I might by more than one if they all sound promising.

1) Deus Ex Mankind Divided Day One Edition
2) Horizon Zero Dawn
3) Detroit: Become Human
4) Death Stranding
5) Prey
6) Spiderman (hopefully the gameplay isn't crap)

I'm looking for something fun and immersive. I'm also looking for something that is fairly close to release date, so I'll probably grab Deus Ex then use the $25 I get from that to put towards another game. The game that looks the most appealing to me from looking at the trailers is Detroit: Become Human.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
I'm going to get one of the following titles... any suggestions which to get first? I might by more than one if they all sound promising.

2) Horizon Zero Dawn
4) Death Stranding
5) Prey

I'm looking for something fun and immersive. I'm also looking for something that is fairly close to release date, so I'll probably grab Deus Ex then use the $25 I get from that to put towards another game. The game that looks the most appealing to me from looking at the trailers is Detroit: Become Human.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Horizon Zero Dawn looks the most promising out of those imo, not a big fan of interactive adventure games like Detroit, Heavy Rain etc

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Basically all those games except Deus Ex come out next year and beyond, but Horizon looks awesome.

You didn't really specify what types of games you like or games you've already played so games that are already out

- Bloodborne
- Witcher 3
- TLOU RM
- Rocket League
- Uncharted Collection + UC4
- Doom
- Fallout 4
- Overwatch
- MLB The Show
- Ratchet and Clank
- Borderlands Handsome Jack collection
- Telltale borderlands

Games that release this year:
- No man's Sky
- Deus Ex
- FF15
- Last Guardian
- CoD
- BF1
- Titanfall 2
- NHL 17

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Horizon Zero Dawn looks the most promising out of those imo, not a big fan of interactive adventure games like Detroit, Heavy Rain etc

Basically all those games except Deus Ex come out next year and beyond, but Horizon looks awesome.

You didn't really specify what types of games you like or games you've already played so games that are already out

- Bloodborne
- Witcher 3
- TLOU RM
- Rocket League
- Uncharted Collection + UC4
- Doom
- Fallout 4
- Overwatch
- MLB The Show
- Ratchet and Clank
- Borderlands Handsome Jack collection
- Telltale borderlands

Games that release this year:
- No man's Sky
- Deus Ex
- FF15
- Last Guardian
- CoD
- BF1
- Titanfall 2
- NHL 17

Thanks guys. Here's the link to the page I'm looking at... I'm going to grab one of the titles that includes the $25 gift card. I'll take the game for a spin, and if I end up not liking it, I'll just sell it quickly and get something else. I'm not a big fan of sports games, so I think I'm going to pass on those.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=gaming-deals

Last edited:

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Besides all the sports games, the only other games I have pre-ordered right now are X-Com 2 and Mafia.

of the games you listed, I'm only going to get Spiderman. But that doesn't release until next year.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

2) Horizon Zero Dawn
4) Death Stranding
5) Prey

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Definitely Horizon Zero Dawn. That will be one of the games of the year.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
Horizon Zero Dawn sounds like it has terrible voice acting. That takes away from the experience for me.

A game that WILL have excellent voice acting - Detroit.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
What is TLOU? Is it on the list linked above?

The Last Of Us. It came out for PS3 then was remastered for the PS4.

Great game. I started playing and got really into it then for some reason took a break from it, got a little boring in the middle, then picked it back up again and couldn't stop playing it. Storytelling is fantastic

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
On that list: Deus Ex because it's the only one that's a known enough quantity to be worth spending money on at this point. The rest could end up being garbage. I guess Deus Ex could, too, but it's a video game sequel, so it'll be like the last one (which was good) except prettier.

Otherwise just buy the new Hatsune Miku and call it a day.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Didn't see Detroit on there at first. I would add that too, Horizon and Detroit are the two must have games of next year.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Horizon Zero Dawn sounds like it has terrible voice acting. That takes away from the experience for me.

A game that WILL have excellent voice acting - Detroit.

Too bad that game looks absolutely meh, great voice acting or not.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
IDK about Detroit. I liked Until Dawn (different developer but similar game style) but wasn't really a fan of Heavy Rain. I don't think it will be a game for me.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
It's written by a guy who has never made a good game and who gets all his material from Wikipedia.

It seems you don't like anything that isn't weird and not anime/japanese based on a few posts I've seen from yours. You're in the wrong forum bud.

Heavy Rain received critical acclaim. Fact. Beyond Two Souls had a big following. Fact. It's very likely Detroit is gonna kick ass

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
It seems you don't like anything that isn't weird and not anime/japanese based on a few posts I've seen from yours. You're in the wrong forum bud.

Heavy Rain received critical acclaim. Fact. Beyond Two Souls had a big following. Fact. It's very likely Detroit is gonna kick ass

Heavy Rain scored points for novelty, a novelty which wore off by Beyond. Both are severely flawed in terms of story telling and genre awareness. They are what they are in terms of "game play" (which isn't for everyone).

Problem now is that Cage is stepping into the extremely established and explored territory of transhumanism and cyberpunk--but, as usual, doesn't seem to know anything about either of the genres he's dealing with. Queue the hamfisted shots of androids being funneled into the back of the train (HEY GUYS RACISM, RIGHT?), or Cage giving interviews talking about how "maybe the androids are more human than we are" like we haven't been talking about that for 25 years already, and we can already see him repeating the same mistakes.

Plus now we have something like Until Dawn--which, while still flawed, manages to do everything a bit better than any Quantic game thus far.

tl;dr Cage continues to make story-driven games despite being terrible at telling a story. He's the Peter Molyneux of narrative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad