Which Netminder?

PensinPitt

Jun 19, 2007
Will have the most success out of this group of prospects?

LeLand Irving Flames
Jimmy Howard Red Wings
Marek Schwarz Blues
Justin Pogge Leafs
Justin Peters Hurricanes

Fortius

May 23, 2007
My List:

1. Schwarz - most NHL ready, has already shown some pro potential
2. Irving - see how he does without Constantine this year (falls to #3 if Kipper re-signs)
3. Pogge - no chance of making the team for awhile now, Toronto likely won't let him on the team for at least 2-3 years (why, I don't know)
4. Howard - Detroit keeps saying they're waiting for him to be ready - and they're still waiting... and their modus operandi is to bring in a goalie instead of developing one (similar to Toronto's development)
5. Peters - bad year last year in Albany, Ward has a new 3 yr contract, needs to rebound this year

petrklima85

Apr 13, 2006
HAMILTON, ONTARIO
I'm going to go off the board and take Carey Price. I think he'll be a better pro goalie then any of those listed above. Hell, he already HAS been a better pro then any of those listed above

Walzy

I'm going to go off the board and take Carey Price. I think he'll be a better pro goalie then any of those listed above. Hell, he already HAS been a better pro then any of those listed above

why ?
If the topic starter talks about those 5 goalies, and asks about those 5 goalies, there no room for anyone called cary Price. If the thread starter wanted to get Price in there he would have had listed him.
This thread is about how you rank Schwarz, Howard,, Irving, Pogge, Peters and NOT Carey Price

why do people always have to drive some threads into off topic.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Schwarz most likely. Probably the first of the group to play in the NHL too. Peters has a shot at being the backup in 2008-09 but he really has to prove himself with some other good goalie prospects in the Canes system (Nastiuk, Manzato) to get there.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

LOL. why did you say that??? everyone knows price is arguably the best goalie prospect in the world and everyone would rank him #1 against those guys. and the thread starter didnt really tell you to bring price into this thread.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
1- Marek Schwarz
2- Jimmy Howard
3- Leland Irving
4- Justin Pogge
5- Justin Peters

the same exact way i would have ranked these goalies. I think schwarz is going to be awsome. any idea when he could possibly take over the reigns in St. Louis?

Jimmy Howard has also looked really good.

Pogge struggled a bit last year, but the marlies team he was on was not very good. Overall i think these are 5 awsome goalie prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->