OT: Which NCAA hockey team do you cheer for?

Which NCAA hockey team do you cheer for?

• Bemidji State Beavers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Saw the discussion in one of the other threads and thought it would be fun to see where everyone's allegiances lie + argue about whose team is better.

Just went with the main teams in the area because I don't think we have a lot of Colorado/Michigan/Massachusetts fans here.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I put none. I'm a Badgers fan but in a very passive (yay go State team) way.

I enjoy watching college hockey, but it's just to watch hockey not having a vested interest in any of the games. This holds true for most levels of hockey. Even at the AHL level I'll go to watch Iowa on the road when they are nearby, but it's just to watch them play, I don't care f they win or lose.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I've tried to get into college hockey, but I've never really been able to. I will generally cheer for the Gophers and UMD, but really I'd cheer for any of the MN teams.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Went to school in Florida, wife graduated SCSU. So that's my school. But I root for all MN college teams

By choice or did you lose a bet?

Yes, I ask the wife the same question... Her answer is she must have lost a bet in another lifetime.

Reactions: TaLoN

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Graduate of St Cloud State and cheer for them when they aren't playing the Gophers, who I've been cheering for since my youth.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Probably the Gophers, but not rabidly so. Will cheer for individuals that i have a connection to more than teams. I am finding that I like the Gophers more since they changed coaches. I couldn't stand Lucia's style of play.

Since ND is no longer part of the league, i find it easier to cheer for them. Yes, i am one of those swingers who like both. Also like the Vikings and the Packers.

I have a long story as to why it is so, but it would probably bore all of you.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Leafs fan interloper here, but I cheer for Princeton. I am very happy they very rarely have to play any Minnesota programs, for their own sake

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch
By choice or did you lose a bet?

Yes, I ask the wife the same question... Her answer is she must have lost a bet in another lifetime.
By choice, spent a year at Valencia in Orlando. Hated it. Transferred to University of Tampa. Loved it. Miss that city. Summers are awful, but love that city.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
By choice, spent a year at Valencia in Orlando. Hated it. Transferred to University of Tampa. Loved it. Miss that city. Summers are awful, but love that city.

I've been to Tampa a few times. I find myself enjoying Ybor City more. Orlando is fun to visit, but not where I'd want to live.

If I had to pick I'd live in Daytona/space coast or the panhandle. Home insurance is too stupid expensive to even look though.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I've been to Tampa a few times. I find myself enjoying Ybor City more. Orlando is fun to visit, but not where I'd want to live.

If I had to pick I'd live in Daytona/space coast or the panhandle. Home insurance is too stupid expensive to even look though.

I like the panhandle a lot. And if you go all the way to the end there's a restaurant there owned by the Flora-Bama bar that has the best beignet fries I've ever had, the seafood was good too.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like the panhandle a lot. And if you go all the way to the end there's a restaurant there owned by the Flora-Bama bar that has the best beignet fries I've ever had, the seafood was good too.

I was stationed in Pensacola for a bit. Milton would be my choice in that area of the panhandle. It was less touristy and more townie than the rest of the that end of the panhandle when I was there.

Mookie Blaylock

The in between is mine
Apr 16, 2014
Porch

Ybor was a blast in the 90's clubs up and down the strip. Went back a few years ago, it's not the same. Cigar shops are great though.

South Tampa has always been my favorite, Howard Ave and Hyde Park. South shore Blvd is great for a walk, or back in my day rollerblading. Green Iguana off West Shore is also a blast.

Tampa did a great job developing the area around the arena and the aquarium. It's a lot of fun. It was very sketchy in the 90's.

We are looking at the panhandle right now for a house because the rest of Florida is stupid expensive

Gophers

Nov 23, 2004
You can probably guess by my user name. Been my team as long as I remember. I miss the golden days of the WCHA.

I'll support other Minnesota teams if they're not playing the Gophers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad