Which most offensive dman?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Shattenkirk could post a 70 point season in the NHL

Bam Beet*

Shattenkirk is extremely offensive, but probably quite weak defensively.
I wouldn't say Shattenkirk is quite weak defensively. He is certainly not your typical shutdown defenceman, but he is decent in his own end. He will no doubt improve his defensive game going to a great school in Boston University.
WHAAAAAA?

How you figure this? I ask because I have not seen him much.
He's not going to score 70 points like Finnerican said. He's got good speed, tremendous vision, great hands and a strong shot. He's also got great leadership abilities.

Shattenkirk could post a 70 point season in the NHL

I highly, highly doubt that.

Having said all this, he is probably the dman who has the most offensive potential of that list you provided, and possibly of the whole draft.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Shattenkirk but I think McDonagh could surprise

Shattenkirk will more be a 15 goals 35 assists but - 5

Bam Beet*

Shattenkirk but I think McDonagh could surprise

Shattenkirk will more be a 15 goals 35 assists but - 5

Shattenkirk isn't as bad defensively as you make it seem. He's still decent defensively and it will only improve going to BU. You don't have to bash another prospect to boost up McDonagh. :shakehead

bjac

Jan 16, 2006
Shattenkirk isn't as bad defensively as you make it seem. He's still decent defensively and it will only improve going to BU. You don't have to bash another prospect to boost up McDonagh. :shakehead

He wasn't bashing Shattenkirk. On the Habs a -5 is a great +/-. If anything it was a compliment. :teach:

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

sorry it wasnt my intention ... I think McDonagh could surprise some people but will not be better offensively then Shattenkirk , Im just trying to say that Shattenkirk will be a force on PP for sure , so a lot of his pts will go on PP . Both are great pick I cant wait to see them in the nhl ! :yo:

Bam Beet*

sorry it wasnt my intention ... I think McDonagh could surprise some people but will not be better offensively then Shattenkirk , Im just trying to say that Shattenkirk will be a force on PP for sure , so a lot of his pts will go on PP . Both are great pick I cant wait to see them in the nhl ! :yo:

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted it. I really like McDonagh's 2-way game. I think if he was still on the board at the Avs pick we probably would have picked him. I'm still very happy with Shattenkirk though, I particularly like the fact that he's a leader on the ice, and he plays better when the games on the line.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Sorry, I must have misinterpreted it. I really like McDonagh's 2-way game. I think if he was still on the board at the Avs pick we probably would have picked him. I'm still very happy with Shattenkirk though, I particularly like the fact that he's a leader on the ice, and he plays better when the games on the line.

There was talk from the Habs side that if McDonagh was taken then they likely would have picked Shattenkirk, don't know how true it is since it's hearsay.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I think McDonagh will top out as a Vladdy Malakhov type of defender- 45-50 points once or twice but consistent 30-point production otherwise.

Shattenkirk will be a league-leader among goals by defensemen if he develops properly. He has such a cannon of a shot.

Bam Beet*

I think McDonagh will top out as a Vladdy Malakhov type of defender- 45-50 points once or twice but consistent 30-point production otherwise.

Shattenkirk will be a league-leader among goals by defensemen if he develops properly. He has such a cannon of a shot.

I'm liking this pick more and more. Besides Liles (because I've heard this comparison too many times) who would you compare Shattenkirk with currently in the NHL?

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad