OT: Which is worse: Andi Petrillo (TSN) or Colby Armstrong (HC)

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I used to tune-in to both Hockey Central and Leafs Lunch. I would download each podcast if I missed the show. Now I can't stand either one. Andi Petrillo is really flat as a broadcaster, and Colby Armstrong is a not so funny co-host of Hockey Central. I can understand why TSN might have Andi doing the show, but I cannot for the life of me understand why HC has Colby Armstrong. He has never completed a sentence to this date. He just sort of laughs at all the others' jokes.

Both are bad, and I know most of you will agree with me.

Which one is worse to you?

Just curious.

Vintage93

Apr 2, 2006
Toronto
It's Andi Petrillo. She is uninformed about all things hockey and she is constantly called out by her co-workers. Craig and Gord constantly challenge her on relatively basic hockey facts and clearly don't have a high level of respect for her. She makes Leaf's Lunch a joke.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
dont listen to sports radio like that anymore. I'll occasionally listen on my drive to work in the morning.

Never heard leafs lunch and have only seen Armstrong when im watching the game on sportsnet. He doesnt bring much, but I dont feel like he hurts the broadcasts, from what I've seen.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
As much as I think Andi Petrillo is "meh" as host of Leafs Lunch, Mike Weaver is AWFUL.

He adds no interesting perspective whatsoever. Nothing. He has the most generic, bland opinions one could possibly have.

@dreamweaver is there to provide experienced tidbits of info. but he is likable because he does struggle to put sentences together without fumbling through them. He's not a jerk and he's a guy who's been through many concussions and is trying to find a place post hockey. I cut him slack for that but your point is accurate. I really like the way that Button, Dreger, Miller, and Mackenzie enjoy making fun of Andi and it's all good-natured.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
As much as I think Andi Petrillo is "meh" as host of Leafs Lunch, Mike Weaver is AWFUL.

He adds no interesting perspective whatsoever. Nothing. He has the most generic, bland opinions one could possibly have.
I agree.

I happen to like Colby on HC as he has some Insite as a former player and is willing to share it. He makes fun of himself as well.

It is the host of HC that I find hard to take as he thinks he knows more then the former Players and asks the stupidest questions.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Andi is the host, she's not supposed to contribute much. But the entire show is for entertainment anyways, it's not like Button (besides the draft) or Jeff O'Neil provide anything substantive most of the time.

I could probably live without Colby. I liked Mike Johnson a fair bit as a play-by-play/analyst type.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
My biggest problem with Petrillo is that she lacks some knowledge of the CBA and rules of the league which I consider important if you're going to host a hockey show.

Im not talking about over specific minutiae of the inner workings, at times Poulin or Button have to explain very basic concepts of how things work to her, because she gets them flat out wrong.

I also dont like how the show dumbs down conversation. I cant remember the specific phrasing, but on yesterdays show she asked Weaver how he would classify the Leafs team. He described them as having fire power.

Wooooo, thats some crazy depth of conversation there.

Reactions: iSophagus

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Andi is the host, she's not supposed to contribute much. But the entire show is for entertainment anyways, it's not like Button (besides the draft) or Jeff O'Neil provide anything substantive most of the time.

I could probably live without Colby. I liked Mike Johnson a fair bit as a play-by-play/analyst type.

Johnson is really good. I also like Greg Gilbert when he does Leafs Lunch.

WWB

Jun 30, 2010
Ontario
This should be a who's worse Romanuk or Millen thread. I vote Romanuk but it's damn close. Andi and Colby are alright...nothing special or anything...there's def way worse on these two networks.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
She is there to do more than set the table, if you want to talk about someone who did that job properly, just remember how Hayes did it.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Andi has a great voice. Energetic.
Colby is a little bit more low key. He's got a comedic style.

Both are decent, but neither adda a whole lot of substance.
I'd pick Andi for tv and Colby for radio.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I find if the question is right Colby will give you decent player insight. Like what it was like playing for the Leafs during the time he did. He has some pretty decent experiences. Like he played with Crosby, played with Price...he got hit by a waffle when he was here. Contracts and how taxes in various states absolutely plays a roll.

Andi was the most entertaining last year when she was dealing with a co host who was rude as hell to her on the air live. It was like listening to an episode of springer. Very rarely does radio get real like that but when it does it's amazing. Her job is to ask the dumb question and spell it out for obvious over zealous leaf fans.

Maclean is the one I find the most annoying. He always interrupts great conversation with these really, REALLY bad jokes that take forever to get too. But the pay off is when Kyper calls him out on it by treating him like a person with dementia. But if Kyper isn't there Maclean is off the chain and then it's a shit show.

Pickle Juice

Sep 27, 2017
i don't care for the woman

i like armstrong because one he used to be a leaf... and sometimes he talks about his time in toronto

it's like if toskala went on the show
lol

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
i don't care for the woman

i like armstrong because one he used to be a leaf... and sometimes he talks about his time in toronto

it's like if toskala went on the show lol

Oh man, I would pay so much just to hear him go on and insist that he's still an NHL calibre starter :laugh::popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->